Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete the liquify command version 25.2

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

Since the last update, I'm encountering the error "Could not complete the liquify command". This happened multiple times today while I was working so every time I had to restart Photoshop. What should I do? Thanks.

CatalinMuntean_0-1701444239375.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to return to 25.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on 25.1, it doesn’t work either, there’s also a liquify error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurray!!! problem solved, support helped
just delete these files that are on the screenshot, but before that copy the Actions Palette and Brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can also confirm there is an issue with Liquify on Photoshop version 25.7.0 and  never had it before the lastest update.

I have this issue on my PC but from various posts it looks just as common on Macs.

No issues with disk acess or permissions but somehow Liqufy still thinks so and even refuses to start...

Kind of sucks when you need to deliver the pictures to a client with a deadline but PS acts up.

So it´s certainly a bug and not any faulty drivers or permissions that is behind the issues. with Liquify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Surfacebookguy your problem could be different. We got a different error. We got a generic "Could not complete the liquify command" and nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he has the same thing as many others, I had 3 types of errors with different text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, I always get "Could not complete the liquify command" and nothing else.

The thing is that Adobe is completely ignoring us? No input from them here in this thread? Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll tell you more, support can't help either, it always says update drivers, update photoshop))) they take us for suckers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best answer by the support is when they tell you to create a new Windows account, un-install and reinstall the entire suite, plug-in included. You lose an entire working day and of course no solution because there's a bug on the software.

By the way I would just see an Adobe rapresentative who investigtes the problem... they should ask us details, log, and so on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experienced this issue since installing version 25.7.0. This version fixed it for me, at least. I did also recently install an nVidia driver update as well. Don't know if that also had an effect.

Update: I spoke too soon. I just got a new error I've never seen before:
liquify_error.jpg

None of those things apply to my image. It's not locked, I have full access to the file (like every other image I edit), and no other program was using the image. Completely closing Photoshop and re-opening it again fixed the issue, until the next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error after newest update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this problem too.  It just started a couple weeks after I downloaded the latest Photoshop & Photoshop Beta updates.  I am currently using PS Beta 25.9.  I think the problem has to do with a bug with the new versions of PS playing nice with graphics cards.  After doing some research and following some other suggestions that I read online... I unchecked "Use Graphics Processor" in the Performance menu/tab under Preferences.  When I do this, Liquify immediately starts working (Although the window looks different and I get a message that says "Enable Graphics Processor To Get Better Results and Performance".)  The minute I close the Liquify Tool and then go back into Prefrences and Re-Enable the GPU... Liquify stops working againg and I get the same original error message.  If I disable the GPU it works, but if I enable it... It doesn't.  This is so frustrating and it seems like this has been an ongoing problem from as far back as 2022.  So I am perplexed as to why ADOBE has not fixed this issue.  I can't find hardly anything about the problem online or in the Adobe Support pages.  WTF!!!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try and hold the 'alt' key (windows) or 'opt' key (apple) when clicking the liquify command. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This worked for me too! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well!! thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it turns on the GPU and everything starts to freeze, this doesn’t help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here. Liquify and everything else was working fine all week and then suddenly yesterday the above Liquify problem. Closing and restarting Photoshop allows me to keep working for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines