Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not open file because device has no free space

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

New to Photoshop on Mobile & this is the first file I've attempted to import. 

I created this file in another app on my iPad then exported it in .psd format to my Dropbox account. My iPad has 40.25 GB of free space, as you can see in the image the file I wanted to import is 9.2mb, so why is PS telling me I don't have enough free space? (Screen captures attached) 2008365D-93EB-4F8A-BFC1-03DDB508016E.jpeg

515DB64F-F0E2-4E3F-A654-B844F9E9122C.jpeg

Edit:

I successfully imported & opened the file in Adobe Fresco on my iPad with no trouble at all. 

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the cloud doc was saved from Fresco was Photoshop able to open that file? Does import of the file directly still fail in PS? Would you be willing to share the file in question? Which iPAd are you running on and what iOS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file in question was created in Affinity Design & although I had saved it as a .psd it still had multiple layers & would not open in photoshop. As I stated it *did* however successfully open in Fresco. I went back to the Affinity app & merged all the layers & resaved it as a .psd & then was able to successfully import the file into Photoshop. So it would seem Photoshop must have a limit on the number of layers it can import? 

To answer your questions: I am using the latest iPad Pro 12.9" running the latest iOS version 13.4.1 & No I was still unsuccessful in importing the original file into Photoshop once it had been imported into Fresco. I was only able to import the file into Photoshop *after* I had merged all the layers into a single layer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cloud psd saved from Fresco would not open? The layer limit on the iPad is the same as the desktop version of Photoshop so I doubt that it was a layer count issue. If you are willing to share the file I would be interested in diagnosing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am willing to share the file if I have a version of it that was not permanently altered. If I am able to locate it, how would I share it with you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem , did you fix it or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, an my Ipad has 229 GB available. So the real free space does not have anything to do with the issue. Everytime I create a canvas with more than 72 ppi I get this message (150 ppi, 300 ppi > could not open because the device has no free space).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say "everytime I create a canvas", can you please give some details as to the settings you're using for the the new canvas? Is there a certain template you're seeing this on, or using specific settings in the "New document" sidebar, other than more than 150ppi?

Also, which iPad and OS are you running? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines