Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Could not place “file_example.mp4” because no parser or file format can open the file.

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just drag and droped a .mp4 and .mov file in photoshop and it gave me this error:

Could not place “file_example.mp4” because no parser or file format can open the file.

I reinstall the photoshop and still the same issue

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An MP4 is a video files. You place in image files. You open video files as video layers or add the video file in a video time line.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag the video to timeline it goes back to it's folder , timeline is not accepting it.

I have frined that have photoshop i do the exact thing he is doing , it shows the video fine in his photoshop with the timeline but for me it gives the error "could not open files with this type". 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have 22.3 installed. I can drag and drop a MP4 onto a video Time line in PS 22.3.1  on my  windows 10 PC.  If it is a long MP4 it takes Photoshop a long time to add the video to the time line and render it so it is playable in the time line.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually talking about the MacOs Big Sur and Apple M1 chip. Maybe photoshop have a problem with M1 chip. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually talking about the MacOs Big Sur and Apple M1 chip. Maybe photoshop have a problem with M1 chip.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any solutions to this? Still doesn't work with m1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @joelv7609618 

I solved the issue by reverting to the previous version of Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines