• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Tool disappeared from Tool Bar and is no longer available

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on Photoshop, cropping and editing some photos.  The app on my computer started running very slowly, taking longer times to process.  Then the screen completely froze and shut down.  I had to restart my computer.

Upon restarting the application, the photo I was working on was fortunately recovered.  But the Crop Tool was gone from the Tool Bar.  When I clicked the Edit Tool Bar, that part said the Crop Tool was still there in the place where I had it set.  But when I clicked Done on the Edit Tool Bar, nothing changed, and the Crop Tool was still not available.

Please advise.  Is this a temporary glitch or what should I do?  The Crop Tool, as you probably are aware, is very important.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system? If you hold down the Shift key & press the letter C on the keyboard multiple times, Photoshop should cycle through the tools like the Crop tool, the Perspective Crop tool, the Slice tool, & the Slice Select tool. When you do that, does the Crop tool show up?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system? If you hold down the Shift key & press the letter C on the keyboard multiple times, Photoshop should cycle through the tools like the Crop tool, the Perspective Crop tool, the Slice tool, & the Slice Select tool. When you do that, does the Crop tool show up?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!
I have Photoshop 22.2.
I tried your suggestion and it appears that it worked. I have my Crop
tools back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Crop tool is still avaiable. 

Reset the tools bar. Reset Preferences. 

If this does not work reinsall. Are you working on MAC and the new OS? There are few glitches with it.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 21.32.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am working on PC Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! If you press the letter C on the keyboard to select the Crop tool & then use Shift+C to cycle through the options, does the Crop tool show up?

Does restoring the toolbar or resetting the preferences help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
...the Crop Tool was gone from the Tool Bar.  When I clicked the Edit Tool Bar, that part said the Crop Tool was still there in the place where I had it set.  But when I clicked Done on the Edit Tool Bar, nothing changed,
By @mary lillianc76623933

Hi Mary,

The Crop Tool shares space with three other tools. Type "C" to go to one of these tools, then right-click or long-press and you should find the Crop tool.

jane-e_0-1613770900545.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines