Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3: Cannot open RAW/NEF files from my Nikon

Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I reinstalled my harddisk and my CS3, Bridge and PS will not open the RAW files from my Nikon D90.

Wgat do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Niels, it's actually a nice thing that Adobe provides after-the-release updates, or you'd never have had D90 support with Photoshop CS3.  But you're right, if the automatic features of the software don't work right, you have to work through manual installations and then things can get a bit geeky.  But you're a PC/Windows user - you have to be tough! 

To use the Help - About Plug-in feature, in Photoshop click the Help menu, then the About Plug-in entry, then go over and click Camera Raw...

HelpAboutCameraRaw.jpg

This

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

In this place, I have "Camera Raw.8bi", time stamp 07-10-2008, size 10.686

So where is the other place I should look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I have copied the newest file to the two maps. When I click on a NEF in Bridge, it starts PS, which opens the NEF file correctly!

But Bridge still cannot show the NEF's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for the way to rebuild/refresh the thumbnail cache in Bridge.  I'm not at my computer right now, so I can't tell you the specific buttons to push.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purge the cache for the folder involved...in Bridge navigate to the folder and from Tools, Cache, select Purge for that folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta sleep now, but you can enjoy this pic of my dog while I'm gone

zz.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niels Graverholt wrote:

Doesn't help 

Do you still see two different versions of Camera Raw in the Help - About Plug-in list?  Or has that been resolved?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was, that when I reinstalled my harddisk could I not find the software key for my CS3, so instead I installed my CS2 - and there were of course old Camera Raw.8bi files in the CS2 directory.

Thank you VERY, VERY much for your help and for your patience with an olde semi-senile ronki  :-----))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a search for  Raw.8bi and a search for Camera Raw.8bi - all it finds is the mail notifying me of your last answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Niels, you need to find the old 2007 version of the file, and delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nikon d750

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines