• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 - Error 22:Window does not have a constructor

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experimenting with some old sccripts on the Photoshop CS5 pre-release and they seem to work fine except any that have a user interface.Scripts that run fine on CS2, CS3 and CS4 throw a "Error 22:Window does not have a constructor" error message. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this and if they were aware of any changes as regards to scripting with CS5 and also how to correct the issue.

CJ

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 13, 2010 Nov 13, 2010

Dear All,

I have been bothered by this same  Photoshop error 22 when trying to use the Photomerge feature or any  other of the Automate features in CS5.

My computer is a  Windows 7 32bit machine but this should definitely apply to Windows  64bit machines and possibly the same logic may apply to Mac but I do not  know.

I didnt find a permanent solution but I did find  a temporary fix which will at least allow you to use the function for  one opening of the program however if you close and reopen pho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That question is better asked in the prerelease forum, but scripts with dialogs are working in the latest build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, its good to hear that the dialog issue isn't there on the latest version

- what is the latest version number BTW? Sorry if I entered the question in the wrong forum, I wasn't aware there was a pre-release section.

Thanks again,

CJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2010 Nov 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have been bothered by this same  Photoshop error 22 when trying to use the Photomerge feature or any  other of the Automate features in CS5.

My computer is a  Windows 7 32bit machine but this should definitely apply to Windows  64bit machines and possibly the same logic may apply to Mac but I do not  know.

I didnt find a permanent solution but I did find  a temporary fix which will at least allow you to use the function for  one opening of the program however if you close and reopen photoshop the  problem returns.

Temporary Fix Instructions:

1.  Locate the file "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Prefs.psp" on your computer and delete it or move it elsewhere.  (I assume by  doing this you may lose ass of your photoshop preferences but it will  allow you to use photomerge and HDR so you choose)

2. On Windows this file can be found in the User folder under C:\**USER NAME**\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings\ (Replace **USER NAME** with the Windows 7 account user name)

3.  After deleting this file or temporarily moving it out of that folder  you can then open Photoshop CS5 and use the Photomerge feature as much  as you'd like.

4. As soon as you close Photoshop CS5 the program automatically makes a new Adobe Photoshop CS5 Prefs.psp file so when you try to reopen the program it will not work again.

I  hope this may be helpful to some people and I hope that Adobe can fix  this issue, I have not and dont plan on submitting this as a bug report  to Adobe, being that I do not personally own the program (still in 30  day trial) but anyone who would like to, please feel free to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easier to just reset the preferences on startup:

"Hold down Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) when you start up Photoshop to reset the preferences."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice solution!!

Yes, pressing ctrl+shift+alt when opening Phoshop CS5 does accomplish the same result and is much easier for most people, I was unaware of this.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello, I'm currently experiencing the error 22. I don't know what is the alternative way to use the contact sheet II option. Do you have any suggestion? thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes pressing ctrl+shift+alt when opening Phoshop CS5 was for me the solution too (mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't helped me. same error message and this:

Line: 388

->   var w = new Window(res);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other time I see this happen is if you are running the script from ESTK and the target app is not PS.

-X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasnt Helped me too. My error is at

Line 10701

var win = new Window('dialog', self.title, rectToBounds(wrect),

self.windowCreationProperties);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?

Which Photoshop?

Which script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everybody Iam not any pro or anything but i know few programming 

so this issue comes when you use portable version of photoshop 

i dont know how to fix the problem but it comes when yu go to file>scripts>load files into stack 

but instead use file>scripts>load multiple dicom files the reality is that  the option are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man you are absolutely right. I actually needed a Portable version and I've been experiencing same Error 22. But putting the solution you wrote to test it worked. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines