• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 - no Camera Raw plugin/filter

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have upgraded from CS5 to CS6. Do not have Camera Raw plugin/filter. Have tried the 'updates' under help, no good. Do I have to purchase the plugin? If so, please direct me to the appropriate place on the Adobe site. thankyou in anticipation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

In photoshop cs6 camera raw opens your camera raw files into photoshop.

Are you not able to open your camera raw files into photoshop?

Cs6 doesn't have the option for the Camera Raw filter in the Filter menu as photoshop cc does.

You could open your files through camera  raw as smart objects and then you can double click on the

smart object thumbnail in the layers panel to bring up camera raw.

There is also a panel (script) by Russell Brown for photoshop cs6 that kinda mimics having the camera filter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

If you look under

mac Photoshop>About Plug-In

or

windows Help>About>Plug-In

there is no Camera Raw listed?

Untitled-1.png

If your talking about the Camera Raw filter under the Filter menu, then that's only in Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your reply. I am in windows. Help>About>Plug-In  does, as you say, brings up 

1.jpg

2.jpg

However, I have no such plugin in my system program files. Again, can I purchase the plugin and have it work as a filter within CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop cs6 camera raw opens your camera raw files into photoshop.

Are you not able to open your camera raw files into photoshop?

Cs6 doesn't have the option for the Camera Raw filter in the Filter menu as photoshop cc does.

You could open your files through camera  raw as smart objects and then you can double click on the

smart object thumbnail in the layers panel to bring up camera raw.

There is also a panel (script) by Russell Brown for photoshop cs6 that kinda mimics having the camera filter as it is in photoshop cc

http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts.html

(Edit Layers in ACR 1.1.8)

The camera raw plugin should be in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats

and/or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your timely response.

I have decided to purchase CC, because I can see the writing on the wall.

I have been trawling through FAQ's on Creative Cloud and have realised Adobe's new financial model is leasing software as opposed to perpetual purchase.

In the future, an Adobe client will no longer be able to upgrade perpetual software when it suits their financial position. The perpetual product will eventually not be available or simply be too outdated. An example of implementation of this financial model is the Camera Raw as a filter is only availble in CC, not CS6. This is a quote from the Adobe site

"While Adobe Creative Suite 6 products will continue to be available for purchase, Adobe has no plans for future releases of Creative Suite or other CS products."

Adobe clients will have to continue the Creative Cloud lease payments in order to continue use of the product. Validation will be required every 99 days with a full year payment, or 30 days with monthly payments.

Software leasing is now the way of the world. However, once locked in to CC, there will be no going back to your old perpetual version. The gap between what the two offer will simply be too great, unless you are content to design in the dark ages.

Of course this means Adobe now have a predictable recurring income through Creative Cloud.

This is the part that concerns me.......... Pricing.

My hope is Adobe remains faithful to its cients and does not increase leasing prices beyond the financial scope of the small business and self employed users.

regards Kerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just watched a tutorial on how to do something cool with Camera Raw Filters, but alas I have CS6. So I found a work-around to get the same effect: I open the same image multiple times in Camera Raw, make the adjustments I need, and then drag the new files into the original one as layers. I'm not very experienced in Photoshop, but it worked!

Hope that helps. I am very unhappy with Adobe's 'Pay For the Rest of Your Life' plan, so will be checking the forum often for other folks' work-arounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kese kare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my cs6 doesnt have camera raw under help>about>plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to install ACR 9.1.1 from here: Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I have the same issues, I am running cs6 on an iMac using Sierra 10.12.6.  I downloaded ACR9.1.1 and installed it but I cannot find it anywhere, its not in applications so I cannot launch it.

Help Please, Declan

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 23.21.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way it works is you use File>Open in photoshop cs6, select a camera raw file from your camera and then the file opens in the camera raw dialog.

Photoshop cs6 doesn't have Filter>Camera Raw Filter.

That's only in photoshop cc versions.

opraw.jpg

Or use Bridge CS6, right click on the camera raw file and select Open in Camera Raw.

1330867_bridd.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Jeff, works perfectly!!  This was driving me crazy as I was expecting to see an ACR file in either applications or in the dock, but its all clear now.

Thanks again

Declan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, if i want to first edit photo in photoshop and after some corrections use edited picture and continue editing in Camera Raw, is that possible in Photoshop cs6? I dont want to open the photo immediately in Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're my hero!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is camera raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File>Open As. Open Your Image as Camera Raw. Follow the Images below:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow 7.0?   9.1.1 is the latest for CS6.  Check Help > Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ! Perfect Solution !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wo4—finally a workaround with CS6 and the Nikon Z series. Thx!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

camera filter raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines