• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ctrl and another key nearby made rgb file go cmyk how do I undo as opposed to convert back ?

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS6

I did a ctrl and another nearby key and my bright vivid magenta layers have turned dull, history doesnt show an undo, if I create a new layer and scribble on it with the magenta thats still bright in the foreground /background color it still paints dull, its as if whatever I did says to photoshop  make use of this colour dull,  so I am unable to continue as I fear the entire file is not trustworthy. I backed it up a week ago but not since and a lot of work has happened to it this last few days I cannot afford to redo.

Just what happened and what undoes it ?

update...

I see its RGB/8/cmyk  next to the file title and originally it was rgb/8   so can I flip this back to what it was without affecting the original colour values as its vital they are exactly what they were rgb, else all the careful colour values will not work in the flight sim, which is delicate to 1 rgb change, honestly, if its converted it to cmyk which throws out a lot of bright values, then converting from cmyk will not recreate them, but undoing the conversion to cmyk will get me back to where I need to be.

History doesnt even show the step.

This is potentially a killer for me, I need to undo rather than 'convert'.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Could you have hit Ctrl+Y for proof colors. If so Ctrl+Y again will remove.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you have hit Ctrl+Y for proof colors. If so Ctrl+Y again will remove.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh wow, YOU SAVED THE DAY....AND A LOT OF REDRAWING,   yes ctrl y and I am back again.

horrendous, I was hitting ctrl t for transform...and missed.

I need to stop that from ever happening again, how do i do that ?

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could remove the shortcut in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts > Application menus >View > Proof Colours. The menu will still remain.

Also remember that "Proof Colors" is just a view, your document was not changed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ctrl Y deleted !

good riddance, scared the pants off me., 1hr trying to work out what happened.

at least it didnt harm it, though 1 layer with aliased edges became anti aliased, dont know why.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A change in edges had nothing to do with Proof Colors. Like I said, it affects the displayed screen  view only and translates the colours between the document and the screen.  In a similar way that zooming the view in and out does not change the actual image, proof colors does not change the document content at all.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you have hit Ctrl+Y for proof colors. If so Ctrl+Y again will remove. Dave does not do ANYTHING.  litterally does do a thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines