• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Sky replacement files disappeared?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This afternoon I was fiddling with the new sky replacement features, using the default skies. For whatever reason, I got a crash and now every time I come to use the feature I get "Could not complete your request because the file could not be found" every time I select a default sky. I've identified the folder I believe the files should be in, but they're not there. Is there any way that I can reinstall the files? I've already done a reinstall but kept my preferences - will I need to do a completely fresh install to get them back?

I'm able to add my own files and it works fine, but i'd like the default ones back!

defaultwzehp0mpanpu_0-1603817080523.png

Is the error I get. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Sorry for the inconvenience again. Please try the following to restore your default sky presets:

1) Open Sky Replacement, multi-select all the presets and folders, and then delete them. You should see an empty view on the preset panel now. Then close Sky Replacment by clicking "OK".

2) Reopen Sky Replacement. You should see all the default sky presets shown again.

3) If this still does not work, you might have to reset your preferences, and relaunch Photoshop. Then reopen Sky Replacement. You sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your feedback. First of all, could you please provide some more details on how the crash happened, e.g. did it happen when you were selecting a sky preset, or when you were adjusting a slider on the sky replacement dialog? We'd really appreciate if you could let us know more about it so we could fix the crash as soon as possible.

Regarding the error you get after the crash, I think it is likely that your default sky presets files got damaged due to the crash. Here is a way to recover all the default sky presets for you:

Open Sky Replacement, open the sky presets view, click the small icon on the top right corner, and select "Append Default Skies...". All the default sky presets should be appended at the end of your presets list. You can now delete all the old default sky presets folders in the list. 

Please let us know if there is any problem.

Thank you again.

Guotong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, did what you daid, but it still gives the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience again. Please try the following to restore your default sky presets:

1) Open Sky Replacement, multi-select all the presets and folders, and then delete them. You should see an empty view on the preset panel now. Then close Sky Replacment by clicking "OK".

2) Reopen Sky Replacement. You should see all the default sky presets shown again.

3) If this still does not work, you might have to reset your preferences, and relaunch Photoshop. Then reopen Sky Replacement. You should see all the default sky presets shown again.

Please let us know if this works for you. Meanwhile, we are working on the fix for this issue, and it should be available very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same problem and I thought I would let you know that your solution works.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me also.  I had tried your previous advice of appending the presets but that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this solution.  It works.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works,thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

perfect!!  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, worked first time, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, out of thin air.

Selecting and deleting everything as suggested by @Guotong worked for me, thanks for the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Much appreciated. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much . It worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same with me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines