• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do you need to uninstall all adobe programs if you're switching to photoshop only plan?

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, this seems like a very simple question, but I don't seem to be able to find a straight answer anywhere. I need to downgrade to a Photoshop only plan rather than the full creative cloud because I just have to make some budget cuts. I know that if I were completely dropping the Adobe plan, then I would uninstall all programs first. BUT-- what should I do when I'm changing plans and keeping Photoshop? Do I download everything *except* Photoshop? Do I download everything and then reinstall Photoshop once I change the plan? Does anyone know? (if it helps, I also really need more space on my main hard drive right now, the work files are not there, I've run all the programs to try to free up space, I can't get a new HD until summer, and it would be so great to be able to uninstall all the other Adobe programs for more space.) Thanks for any and all ideas! 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to remove the apps you do not want. The attached is a screen shot where you Uninstall the app in CC, All APPs. Most important you insure your plan has been adjusted to only Photography Plan. You can check this by opening your account in the upper right corner in CC. Highly encourage you to check this more than once. At least until you begin to receive your bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the standard one year license, I assume it will run the full year. You probably need to cancel your existing license first, and then when the term is out, you sign up for a new license.

There's no limit on what you can have installed, but they are activated according to your license, through the CC desktop app.

Try the chat here https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html?src=community . As I understand, typing "agent" will put you through to a live person (someone correct me if that's wrong).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that if I were completely dropping the Adobe plan, then I would uninstall all programs first.

By @RealAnise

Actually it doesn’t matter what order you do it in, because if you left them installed and cancelled the plan, the next time you start any of the still-installed programs it would just say it can’t run because no plan is active, and then you can uninstall it whenever you want, or leave it installed and later restart a plan. One reason it doesn’t matter is that this makes it possible to install on several computers and only activate the 2 you’re going to use at any given time, freely deactivating and activating computers without uninstalling anything (since a single-user license allows two activations used by you).

If you are going to a single app plan, you can leave Photoshop installed and use the Creative Cloud desktop app to uninstall anything else.

Because you said “Photoshop only plan,” there’s one odd option to mention in case you don’t already know…

The Photoshop single-app plan is USD$22.99 a month, but the Photography (20GB) plan is a special bundle that’s Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, and Lightroom for USD$9.99 a month. For many people, it’s better to do the Photography bundle even if you don’t install all of the apps. So if you wanted to, you could get the lower cost Photography plan and only use Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! 🙂 So... correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean I can uninstall all of the other programs EXCEPT Photoshop? (then cancel the plan and sign up again with the Photography plan)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't uninstall the Creative Cloud app.

It doesn't matter what you install or uninstall.   If you have an active subscription, the app(s) in the subscription will work and those not part of the subscription won't work.

So just uninstall what you won't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't actually need to uninstall anything.  A month or so after the new plan starts, you will find you are logged out of the other apps and can't use them.  That's my guess at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is that I also desperately need more space on that drive and I just don't have the money or time to get a new program drive until summer. So that's why I want to uninstall the apps, not just unsubscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my reply in your other thread. Uninstalling the applications will not make all that much difference. There are other things that will be vastly more effective in freeing up space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would maintenance vigilance on the charges and not take a chance. This is only from personal experience. You may have to pay through the end of the period. You can contact Adobe subscription. They have been preety good if you notify them immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines