Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Limit

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I have a quick question, how many times can one account be installed on different computers? I own a couple of different computers and I'd like to use it on all of them but I don't know if there is a limit.

Thank you to anyone who responds!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download on more than one, but can only activate on two. You will get a message to deactivate if you try a third.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The limit is two.

You can install on as many systems as you like, but you can only be signed in on two of them at the same time. If you want to sign in (activate) on a third, you will be offered to sign out (deactivate) from one of the others. You can do this remotely in the CC desktop app, so it's a pretty flexible system.

What I don't know, is how much you can keep juggling between three or more systems. Every once in a while is perfectly fine, but if you need to do this daily you're pushing it and it might be time for a second license.

Actually, I'd like to know what others think of this last scenario. It seems a bit of a gray area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @D Fosse 

When I had my older iMac I used three systems and did this all the time: iMac desktop, MacBook Pro laptop, and Windows running under VMWare on my iMac, and I'll have it on three systems again in two weeks. My newer iMac runs Windows through Parallels.

If I forget to sign out on one machine first, an alert comes up that makes me sign out on all other systems before I can sign in on the one I am trying to use.

I don't switch daily, but I do switch when I have to use Windows. Acrobat has more functions in Windows, and the MS Office applications are not the same either.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane. It sounds fair enough, and I agree there shouldn't be a limitation on it. But I'm not an Adobe lawyer.

Which two machines you use at any time should not really be Adobe's business at all. Not to be "nice", but just because that's a matter of how you want to organize your own life.

We oldtimers remember the activation cycle limit they imposed back with the first CS editions. It was never spelled out, but it eventually turned out that they had set a 20 activations limit per version. That caused a small rebellion when some people started hitting that limit, and in the end Adobe dropped it and allowed unlimited activations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even with two activated at the same time, you can only work on one of them at a time. So you can't have two different people on two installations working at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines