• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DynamicLink Media Server not available

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to drop audio into a new video timeline in Photoshop CC 2018 and I keep receiving this error message: "Could not complete request because the dynamiclink media server is not available."  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop, restarted computer, and spent 2 hours on chat with adobe letting them try and figure it out with absolutely no resolution.  This worked at school and it worked on a friend's computer, both are photoshop 2017, but it will not work on mine with photoshop 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I fixed my issues... I tried the CC uninstall (which couldnt remove all adobe software cause some where running like Core Sync) Then manually removed all adobe files, components, library files, killed all processes, AND then re-installed OS X. Still had issues.

So, I formatted the main HD, and started a new (personal and work files backed up externally)

Now everything is fine.

My theory is: My user settings and account, was migrated from a previous imac, before 2013, and most likely migrated from the one i had before, with every Adobe CS version installed at one point or another. This might have caused some conflicts with Media Encoder, and then later on, Dynamic Link.

---------------------------
Same issues everyone on an iMAC 2013 (Sierra)... BUT i also cannot render video because Media Encore is missing. I cannot preview anything in AE for the same reasons.

I had CS6 installed for the past year alongside CC just to render videos, but now its gone, and I uninstalled adobe and reinstalled, no change.

On my MBP 2011 (Maverick) with a new HD and fresh install, it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also on OS 10.13.3 High Sierra and am having the same problem. It's extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. After trying permissions, uninstalling and re-intsalling, and everything else, nothing worked.

I checked the processes on my Mac and opened the dynamiclinkmediaserver process and clicked on the "Open Files and Ports" section, and I saw that it was indicating that it's origin is "Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.app/Contents/Required/DynamicLinkMediaServer/dynamiclinkmediaserver.app/Contents/Mac OS/dynamiclinkmediaserver".

I opened a finder folder and explored all the way to the "MacOS" folder on the previous path and clicked the dynamiclinkmediaserver exec. It opened a window that stated there was an error reading a file in the following path: User(usually your name)/Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmediaserver/10.0.0/Trace Database.txt

When I opened such file with the text edit app I noticed it was blank, empty. Under the folder "dynamiclinkmediaserver" I saw another folder named 7.0.0 and it has a similar file named Trace Database.txt and it contains the following text:

IFDR      1       5

dynamiclinkmediaserver    1      5

processcoordination          1      5

I copied the same text to the .txt file in the 10.0.0 folder and....THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

I don't know if the same text would work, I would suggest to follow the same paths to see if the problem is the same, and see if you also have another folder like 7.0.0 whit a similar .txt file that you can copy, but this worked for me.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the frustration. Please follow the instructions below.

1. Go to the macOS Finder
  2. Hold down the [option] key and select Go> Library...
  3. Navigate to /Library/Preferences/Adobe/amecommand/10.0.0/
  4. Locate the file called “Trace Database.txt”
    • If that file is present, and it is empty, delete it
  5. Then go to /Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmediaserver/10.0.0/
  6. Locate the file called “Trace Database.txt”
    • If that file is present, and it is empty, delete it.
  7. Restart Photoshop

Note: If your videos stop rendering, you may need to go through these steps again.

Thank you!

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem but your link doesn't work!

I'm behind on a deadline so help would be cherished a lot!!!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know, Rune! I put the instructions in my comment instead of the text. Hope that helps! (And I hope you make your deadline).

Regards,

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was able to locate the second file per your instructions and delete the "Trace Database.txt" however, I do not have a folder called amecommand so I cannot find and locate the first file to delete, is there another place I should look for it?

Thank you,

Claire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claire,

It's okay if you don't have both of the files mentioned. Either one of those files, if they are null, would prevent your video from rendering. So if you only found a null copy of Trace Database.txt, delete it, restart Photoshop and attempt to render your video again. Let us know how it goes

Thanks,

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not seem to work, when I try to open the .mov file the error message is still coming up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email me and we can set up a screen share and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks,

Hannah

[email removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicollet!

I don't have an amecommand folder, but I deleted the tracedatabase txt file in my dynamicmediaserver folder and it worked!

Thanks for getting back to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just popping in to say that I had this problem (latest version of CC, 2018), and found the trace database txt file in the dynamic media server folder (no amecommand folder found!), and deleted it. Worked perfect, just as DannyRobs said.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this issue in Windows - as I'm sure many others do as well. Instructions for that, please? Also, what if the file isn't empty?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisette,

I've been looking for a Windows user seeing this problem. Could we set up a time to do a screen share so I can see what's happening on your system firsthand? I'll attach my email below.

Thanks,

Hannah

[email removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could you help me xx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicollet, i'm trying to fick this problem but both "Trace Database.txt" files you said to delete if empty, are not empty on my computer. Should i delete them anyways? or will it affect anything?

I see your reply was 2 years ago so i hope you or anyone else can help me out.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution related to a network monitoring app called little snitch. I just had to turn it off (and add a listing for the adobe server so I could turn it back on) since it was trying to access a different server with a similar name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just dropping in to say thanks to Nicollet, finally located the pesky Trace Database.txt file that was causing the issue, deleted it and volia!  Working just like that!  Didn't know that holding alt while in the Go menu would cause the Library folder to suddenly appear though (apologies very un-techy person here), i spent ages hunting on my mac looking for the folders you mentioned.  So maybe make that instruction just a bit clearer for the laypeople among us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma,

Glad you got your videos going again! And thanks for the feedback. You're right--I definitely want to explain things simply and clearly. How could I have explained it better to you so you could find the folders/files faster?

Regards,

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

You don't need to make a big change but just maybe make it super-obvious the folder will only show when you press alt, so something like 'open the Go drop-down menu and press alt, the Library folder will then appear in the drop-down menu'.  Bit long-winded but just makes it really clear

Thanks again for the assistance!

Thanks,

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue. I have tried everything in this post with no success. Anyone have any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Sorry you're having trouble. Email me and we can set up a screen share.

Thanks,
Hannah

[email removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you still offering help? I'm having this same problem years later 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here, tried everything, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant answer..thnx a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines