• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 on Photoshop CS 5

New Here ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, so after I installed Photoshop CS5 trial version, I get this error when I run the program:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/TiaNcAi888/as.png

After I clicked OK on that message, I get this:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/TiaNcAi888/asd.png

I didn't even install any weird language packs. All I have is Windows 7's Japanese and Chinese Languages from the Language Bar. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times. Once without a restart, once with a restart and the last one with a restart, a CS5 cleanup tool and a registry clean. All same error. I've even tried running it as XP compatiblity and of course, ticked the "run as admin" box.

My computer specs are:

Intel i5-430M 2.27GHz

4GB of RAM

Windows 7 32-Bit

ATi HD5730 1GB VRam.

I've contacted live support, and this is what I get: http://pastebin.com/XhrQTemV

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

I've spent many frustrating hours serarching all over trying to find a solution to this one and although I'm on Windows XP, today I finally fix it.

THis is for WindowsVista/Windows 7 but I got enough from it to fix the problem on Windows XP too

So here goes

1. Choose Start > Computer > Organize > Folder And Search Options, and then click the View tab.
2. In the Advanced Settings section, deselect the Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended) option and click OK.
3. Navigate to \Program Files\Common Files\Adob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just lucky, the soloution had only been posted that same day.. but I am persistent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you might like to know we have updated the support documentation for this issue.  The answer can now also be found in '"Configuration error" when you launch Creative Suite 5 products' (cpsid_82744).  If you see any additional issues, regarding this error, which are not addressed by the document, please leave comments and we will update it as quickly as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure that the not changing read-only attr is the problem: You guys who have used the solution above, when you return to properties of that Adobe PCD folder, is the read-only attributed checked or not? Because when I uncheck it, it asks me for administrators privilages and than it gets unchacked - it looks like it's workin', but when I return, It's there again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since I found the solution and used it and it worked, I never thought to check if the Adobe PCD folders read only sttribute was indeed still unchecked... Now on checking it, I have discovered it is indeed checked as it was in the beginning.. While I do not pretend to know why, the solution worked for me so I have no reason to question it.. Very curious to know why we need to uncheck it in the first place now though...

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's common to see that unchecking an option like read only gets rechecked on it's own. I don't know why.

Some of the problem would seem to lie with the OS, then. Or at least with a lack of either understanding or implementation or the inability to implement a complete solution to interface between OS and app.

I noticed that I never got asked by UAC permission to mess with the changes first.

There is something seriously amiss when one group of computers requires these changes, and another does not, when both have the same OS and program.So we need to look at what differences exist between those that need these changes and those that don't. It's a job for Adobe at least,and if this problem shows on all three OS's, then it would seem to be peculiar to Adobe. However, at this point, I would rule nothing out, from HW to BIOS configuration to board config, likre overclocking. For the record, I am overclocked on an Asus M4A77TD board running an Athlon II 630. RAM is Crucial-CT2KIT25664BA1339-PC3-10600 2x2G DDR3 running on 533MHz timing. XP HD is WDT Win7 is Seagate. Video is NVidia 9500.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oki, so it means, that it's not a problem. Anyway I don't understand, where the problem is. I've set all the permissions. Looks like no CS5 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I worked it out. I repeated the steps for SLStore - mayby I missed something before. Also right after repeating the steps a run CS5 as administrator but now it is working without it so I don't know if it had any efect. Thanks to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys are one hell of a group giving a solution to a glitch that even adobe support team unable to solve...now I am running adobe photoshop cs5 extended full version (no more the 30-day trial page)....anybody interested? drop me a line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I've tried everything listed in this post but still get the error mess

age. Anyone got any more suggestions???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2011 Oct 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please help I do not have a "Replace Permission Entries On All Child Objects (...)" checkbox at all! My detailed post about this is here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3985740#3985740 . Please help me in finding the solution.

Gordan

Just to add that my problem was resolved. The forementioned solution above works perfectly in my case as well, on Windows xp pro, with CS3 design premium already installed from way before. Thanks to help from Noel

Message was edited by: 528491528491

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines