• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: There is a problem with Generator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For past two days, I get this error and some of PS function don't work: "There is a problem with Generator. Please quit Photoshop and try again. If the problem persists, remove any third-party plug-ins or try reinstalling Photoshop."

Today, I updated PS, and it installed this version:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.8 20191122.r.92 2019/11/22: 1208122 x64

I don't think I've added any plugins and the Generator plugin in the photoshop files is empty.

I've restarted PS, I've restarted my machine, and I've udpated the software.  I still get this same error message.  I can't find a support ticket system for monthly subscription users, is there one?  Please assist. Sincerely, VT

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Hi,

Me too had the same issue and tried almost everything to get rid of the warning message for which the results were negative after every attempt.But, Finally when I had an accidental glance to my notifications panel, which is at the bottom most right corner of the task bar in Win 10 I got the solution for it.

When I clicked the notification which said "Unauthorised changes blocked(Controlled access blocked)"  it lead me to the " Virus & threat Secur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Add a comment into this thread, hopefully someone from Adobe will acknowledge it as a bug

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-there-is-a-problem-with-generator-occurs-whe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback on this.  I got it working finally.  The issue I had was with Malwarebytes.  I disabled that (and started PC Matic) and it works fine now.  I didn't troubleshoot to see exactly what caused the issue within MB, but that was definitely what was blocking generator from launching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support fixed my PC last night, added the Photoshop 2020 folder and the file node.exe to the exclusions. Everything works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm by adding C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\node.exe to my allow list in Malwarebytes the Photoshop Generator problem is fixed for me.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malwarebytes also my issue but I had to add the folder and not just node.exe to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too. Really would like some kind of a fix because I can't export, can't do my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. thank u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering has updated this document with ttoubleshooting solutions: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error---there-is-a-problem-with-generator--occurs-when-launchin... Let us know if they do not resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues and have not found a solution.  Have uninstalled and resinstalled (including using the Adobe cleanup tool) different versions of Photoshop and tried the suggestings here https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error---there-is-a-problem-with-generator--occurs-when-launchin... and have had no luck.  The only way I've been able to get any results is to install Photoshop on a fresh install of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Me too had the same issue and tried almost everything to get rid of the warning message for which the results were negative after every attempt.But, Finally when I had an accidental glance to my notifications panel, which is at the bottom most right corner of the task bar in Win 10 I got the solution for it.

When I clicked the notification which said "Unauthorised changes blocked(Controlled access blocked)"  it lead me to the " Virus & threat Security/Protection History" in Windows Security.From there I "allowed" the "AdobeGCClient" or else you can simply turn of the "controlled folder acess" under Ransome ware protection.

In short : Goto Windows Security ˃ Virus & Threat Protection ˃ Ransomeware Protection (Bottom most) ˃ Manage Ransomeware protetion ˃ Allow an app through controlled folder access ˃ type "YES" for the prompt ˃ Add an allowed app ˃ select recently blocked app (you must have tried to open Adobe PS and try to export a file) ˃ Select Adobe Photoshope and the "Node" . 

Thats all!!

Done!

Now goback and open Adobe PS..No more erorrs!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download to 21.0.1 and still have the problem. Need a fix. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and finally installed 21.0.1. Still have the problem. Need a little help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has an answer. Look for the answer in green at the top of this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your saying I need a fresh install of Windows!! That's not an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, have a look through this link.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error---there-is-a-problem-with-generator--occurs-when-launchin...

The first major solution involves configuring security/anti-virus software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that. I also have no plug-ins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my post again, that is the URL I listed ...  In any event, its not an answer/solution/fix if it doesn't work for anyone ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open PS, I am getting a generator error. I just reinstalled and am getting the same error. The other option offered was to uninstall plugins, but I'm not sure how to do that. Where do I find plugins? 

I am using Windows 10, and according to my file directory I have Photoshop 2020 (installed today 1/13/2020) and Photoshop CC 2019 (updated 12/14/19).

A proposed error resolution I found indicated to remove the Generator plugin. What functionality am I losing by doing so? 

Novice here; thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop.

Would you mind sharing the operating system version you are using along with the version of Photoshop as well? You can try the steps mentioned in the article linked below to check if that helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/error---there-is-a-problem-with-generator--occurs-when-launc...

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why, but my laptop has started giving me an annoying problem with a Generator error message. It tends to keep popping up when I load Photoshop, but if I stop that, it comes up again when I try to export something as a quick PNG, which makes it difficult to upload pics for uni work. 😞 I've been trying different solutions I've found online, but nothing seems to work. I've uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop, disabled Generator from the Plugins, though going to Export as Quick PNG just turns it back on, I've checked for Generator logs and there are none. If there have been, I've deleted them, but I still get the same issue.

I'm really stuck on how to fix this. 😞

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the generator error in Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the Operating System you're working with?

Also, could you try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error---there-is-a-problem-with-generator--occurs-when-launchin...

Please try disabling any antivirus program or firewall on the computer, then relaunch Photoshop and see if it helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using the latest version of Photoshop and I'm running Windows 10. I also tried those steps earlier; it doesn't even have anything in the Generator/Log folder. It seems to have disappeared now anyway. Hopefully. I reinstalled again and made sure to delete my Preferences and set it so I wasn't using Creative Cloud Documents but rather files on the computer. It's now allowing me to save without the warning. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's randomly started doing it again. And I need to export work as a PNG for uni. D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Do you have Malwarebytes installed on your PC, if so take a look here

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/254622-latest-update-breaks-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I have reformatted my laptop now as it was having other issues, but if it starts again, hopefully that thread will prove useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines