• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop displaying everything in gray

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked Mode and grayscale isn't checked. I'm still in RGB. I'm on a mac using Photoshop CS5 and, if it helps, I was trying to do a screen shot using cmd+shift+4 and must have hit the wrong key somewhere...

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Hi, Mandi_Miles.

You may have switched Channels, with the Command + 3, 4 or 5 shortcut. Command + 2 should switch back to RGB, or you can check in your Channels panel. Make sure RGB is selected.

Channels.jpg

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mandi_Miles.

You may have switched Channels, with the Command + 3, 4 or 5 shortcut. Command + 2 should switch back to RGB, or you can check in your Channels panel. Make sure RGB is selected.

Channels.jpg

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some key I accidentally struck has altered my image. The command I gave is still in effect when I go all the way back in history. Somebody ought to publish a list of ways to hurt your image that do not appear in photoshop history. My history panel is recording all the commands that I know how to make. This is not a problem of failure of control+Z.  The turning off of a channel using control+5 is an example of something that will change an image but does not appear in history and cannot be undone using control+Z. I must have done something like that. What did I do? The image has a posterized or rasterized appearance. Lessons in those two processes teach steps that do appear in history. I must have accidentally done some other alteration of state. My only choice now seems to be to start over and rebuild my image from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (72).pnghow it turn back the background into default ? it turns white and i dont know why please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences -> Interface -> Appearance -> Color Theme

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Worked for me, something new to learn~ thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happened to me while i was working "#%¤"%¤"%

But thanks to VipinMittal and you it was fixed again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my life 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, Howard Pinsky, I thought I wanted to kill myself until I quickly found your answer, it was accurate! You saved my life! LOL!!!! Thank you sooo much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double life saver and that 5 years after...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

life saver! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat related... I hit Shift-5 instead of Shift-F5 (on a Mac) and ended up with 50% translucent checkerboxes over my image.  Apparently Shift-1 to Shift-0 are varying degrees of checkerboxes... with Shift-0 being the solution to getting out of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I made a shortcut mistake and Command 3 got me out of Photoshop Hell : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS TO MANDY MILES FOR ASKING THIS! HAHA AND THANKS TO HOWARD PINKSY!!

ITS BEEN 10 YEARS BUT STILL USEFUL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines