• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export layers to files stopped working after last update

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export layers to files stopped working after last update. opening a dialogue: The command "Delete" is not currently available.
This script is crucial for my work flow. Any suggestions?

I've tried using the "new" export as.. and quick export, but these currently cannot be recorded in the actions panel.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe last update was ACR 9.9 and on my windows system export layers to files still works in CC 2017. However all older version of Photoshop thougn ACR 9.9 seems to be installed and working. The Creative Cloud Desktop reports the the update failed the the download was bad whicj will also happen when you try yhe retry button. Adobe seems to have some installer problem in the creative desktop application. Happens on both of my machines.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rely on this export layers to files function for making catalogues (I don't want the exported elements to be cropped but to remain in position on the canvas size).

The export failed on two different Macs running CC 2018, and failed on a third Mac running CC 2017.

I finally got the export layers to files to work on a fourth Mac running CC 2015.

I wish Adobe would stop breaking really useful bits of Photoshop.

Regards, Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not using the feature much, but encountering exactly this issue in 2019. At least for me the script worked when my document was flat (lots of boring frames for a technical test...), but encountered the Delete Unavailable issue as it was stripping down the non-target layers and encountered a layer group.  Not sure if the way Photoshop handles deletion of groups changed since the script was written, but pulling all grouped layers out to the top level, deleting the groups, and re-running the export seems to work.  Awkward, certainly, but probably far faster than other manual aternatives involving selecting/showing layers one at a time for comping or manual saves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 21.1.1 version of Photoshop on Mac 10.15.4 Sierra. It doesn't work at all. I have no groups, but probably smart objects? Who doesn't use smart objects? I am trying to export layers to png and I also tried exporting to .psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encountering this issue in 2020. 'Export layers to files' is stripping the layers, opening a dialogue: The command "Delete" is not currently available, and won't export jpegs to artboard size, but instead adds blank space around the board. Did anyone have luck with this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but don't see any solutions preseneted from Adobe. I am on CC2021. Has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is still broken... what am I paying for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this fail on all document types or only with certain artboards and layer nesting? Do you have "Visible Layers Only" checked or unchecked? Does it matter if you try unchecked or checked? Only with artboards?

If you could upload a sample image that fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that it works with .jpg, but not with PNG...it may also be that visible groups with no visible layers may trigger the fail as well. I haven't tested that extensively, but when I switched from png (failed) to jpg, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here... no clue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a set of files that fails for you? (via dropbox/CC files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been having this issue on Mac. I found that a layer with a 'Colour Overlay' was cuasing the issue even though it want visible. Maybe try 'Rasterise Layer Style' on any layers with a colour overlay and see if it helps for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you are getting this error, check that the layers you are trying to export are not inside a Group. The script will fail when it tries to delete the Group Folder. To avoid this, keep your layers at the top level (without grouping) and that will solve the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED: This has irritated me for a while, but it looks like there's a new way to do it. I'm on a Mac using OS Ventura 13. 

You go to you layers panel in your psd, select all the layers you want to export and right click on them in the layers panel, then select "Export as". it will open a dialogue box that allows you to choose the extension and size and a few other things and then you export. thers a bit of a lag while using the dialogue box but when you hit export it does all the layers at once.

hope that helps somene else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines