• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face Expressions preset says the file name is invalid- How to fix?

New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue before when loading Photoshop, it'd say, "Face expression file is bad or corrupted". I eventually found a way to resolve the issue by renaming the Face Presets file with .old at the end of it.

However, this issue came back, and when I tried that method again, this popped up.

-.JPG

I couldn't find any answers to this. I have the most recent version of Photoshop installed.  I've tried renaming it in different ways and each time, it seems to be invalid now. I've renamed it as:

• FaceExpressionPresets.old
  • FaceExpressionPresets.old.psp
  • FaceExpressionPresets.psp.old

Would deleting this preset get rid of the problem? Is it necessary to use? Because I'm not sure how else to fix this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultjsd0nzote9yv 

Did you quit PS before renaming the file? And relaunch afterwards? (You didn't say.) Photoshop should create a new, uncorrupted file on re-launch.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. It was never open when I renamed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines