Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files opened at 3%

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

When i open a file at Photoshop, it opens it at 3% (too small).

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

This should be fixed now. Would anybody like to verify that this is resolved for them in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) update that was just released?

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the third thread I have seen on this issue.  There is another one here, but I can't find the other other one, but there is enough correlation to ask on the Feedback site.

After update 19.1.0 images opening up at >5% zoom.

Pete.Green are you aware of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the @ mention Trevor, we haven't been tracking this one and really appreciate you bringing it up.

I'll add it to our list and start digging in. Feel free to PM me the other threads if you find 'em.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appart from this and the one I linked to, there was one other that looked like the same issue.  I have looked and failed to find it in this forum, and I have also looked for a mention on the Feedback site and not seen anything. 

Here you go.  Looks like this user fixed it with a Preference reset, so if grgtr would like to try that and report back, it might be problem solved.

Opening Tiny Photos since update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grgtr​,

The other thread suggests that resetting the Bridge preferences did the trick for her.

Re: Opening Tiny Photos since update

Would you give that a try and see if it resolves the same behavior for you?

See step 2 here: Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another request for you Grgtr,

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of what opening the images too small looks like for you?

Perhaps with a comparison screenshot of what zoom level you expect the images to open at?

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who wants to get to know why it happens check: There isn't enough room to display this document => bug !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop CC 19.1.3 and have introduced the fix for Photoshop CC 2018 19.1: Photoshop opening images highly zoomed in unexpectedly | Photoshop Family Cu...

See what's new in this release: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

To update Photoshop CC to 19.1.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Photoshop CC.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I checked that in newest 19.1.3 before your post and the problem still exists:

Photoshop CC 19.1.3 is now available. | Photoshop Family Customer Community

That linked by you topic refers to bug that occured in 19.1.0, not like this in 19.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comment Kukurykys,

Some are saying yes it's fixed, you're the first to say it's not.

Can you confirm the 19.1.3 update installed correctly for you?

If you're referring to the "There isn't enough room to display this" error, then that is not quite yet fixed.

If you were just seeing the images opening at unexpected zoom levels, that may be fixed for you with 19.1.3.

Will continue to see if others are experiencing this unexpected zoom level issue with 19.1.3.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please just look at what's the name of this theard. It is "Files opened at 3%". There are 2 other similar ones were Mohit Goyal​ left the same annoucement like in "After update 19.1.0 images opening up at >5% zoom." and "Opening Tiny Photos since update". There are 10 other related topics I can link you to them all. But focusing on these 3 only, test it:

Relocate your undocked Tools Bar somewhere to right part of workspace. Then open some document. As you will check the percent in left down corner of Image window frame will vary between 3 - 5 % or just some other (even 10%) TINY size.

So like you see this topic is refered to a bug I reported: "There isn't enough room to display this". A reason, the message you may get is caused by the same bug but with exception Tools Bar is moved quite far to bottom of screen / workspace.

The only reports you can find (at least I noticed during last 2 months) about fixed bug Mohit Goyal refers too, can be found only on Photoshop Family site (click link in his topic).

Ps. I don't say a bug (you mention) happens to me still, as I didn't encounter it before 19.1.3, and now when it's up. I want only to clarify, this topic is about other problem. So setting it as correct answer (I guess original poster didn't do that, but you) is misleading. Ps. bug will occur with Docs Opened as Tabs, but better to uncheck them to see better a wrong result.

Some are saying yes it's fixed, you're the first to say it's not

Notice that only one user reported a bug 2 months ago that now is fixed. Then 2 weeks ago some other user reported other behaviour that for unclear reason made someone's decision to merge her post with a topic of that first user.

Will continue to see if others are experiencing this unexpected zoom level issue with 19.1.3.

Fortunatelly first user confirmed yestarday 19.1.3 fixes this bug. Problem is noone else is going to confirm that too, as if this works now correctly then only someone who still uses 19.1.2 can report it. But like I say, there was not any other single user who would post anything about it, so I wouldn't expect we meet anyone saying this bug doesn't occur anymore. Reason is simple. That's one person issue, however could happen to others, while 'my' bug is confirmed by over 30 users in 15 topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the tiny image problem for me ~began~ with the 19.1.3 update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started for you in 19.1.0, what you announced in a topic you got an solution for in reply No. 27 (you can mark there correct answer, so other users find it faster encountering the same problem):  "there isn't enough room to display this document"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whatever .... the tiny images didn't start for me until now, this most current update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't open tiny as I guess you have docked your ToolBars, so if now problem is back your ToolsBar must be undocked again and moved somewhere farer from left workspace edge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, same place I had it before - near to the right hand side of the main window.  only thing different is that I updated to 19.1.3.   I still get "no enough room to display" errors if I move the tool panel somewhere photoshop doesn't like.  If I put the tool panel on the left side (its default location), images open at a more normal size.   Would a screen shot of my workspace be helpful?  Is it possible to post one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us be consistent. When you first time met it in 19.1.0 v. the solution was to dock your Tools Bar, right? But then what I understand (still in 19.1.0) you have undocked ToolsBar and moved it close to right workspace edge, so the bug with tiny images didn't occur anymore (though should) till the day you updated to (meantime 19.1.1 and later 19.1.2) 19.1.3 version?

If it is so then I don't understand something. If originally relocated & undocked Tools Bar was casue of problem in 19.1.0 then how later when you kept that undocked again, close to right edge it didn't affect a bug? Maybe you downgraded meantime to 19.0.1 (where all was normal about it) and now decided to make update to 19.1.3? You can provide with some screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kukurykus, I am sorry if I have not been clear enough.   And I am sorry that I do not remember the exact dates and version numbers where my problems first began.  See screen shot below for my preferred workspace. The "not enough room to display" error began a couple updates ago and I began a thread about it on this forum at that time but no one seemed to have advice that worked.  I tried googling around for similar problems but couldn't find any easier solution than to re-install photoshop.  Because I am a professional photographer and need to get back to work, I decided to do that.  I unstalled and then reinstalled whatever version was available through Creative Cloud.  I rearranged the workspace back to my liking and went forward.  I did not look to see what exact version I installed. 

Things then worked normally for me, even through another update, until I was rearranging actions in the actions panel.  That required making the panel wider to be able to read the actions' names, which also meant moving the tool panel out of the way.  Suddenly the "not enough room to display" error began again.  ( I had not yet encountered the tiny image problem since it was not possible to know at what size they were opening since none would open at all.)  I then came back to the Adobe forum, did some more googling, and learned about the potential solution to be gained by moving the tool panel back to its default left hand screen position.  I tried that (undocked) and yes, it worked, images would open again.  I decided to experiment with the position of the tool panel.  I moved it back to the right and shifted it around until I found a location that allowed images to open.

Then update 19.1.3 came along and images would only open in a tiny little window at the bottom of the screen.   As you see in the screen shot, my preferred workplace set up is with tool panels on the right.  None of them are docked.  In the lower left corner of the screen is an image I just opened.   If I move my tool panel back to its default left side location (undocked), images open at their normal size. 
Also, if I move the tool panel back to the right, but not in a place that Photoshop approves of, I again receive the "not enough space" error.  Moving the other panels doesn't seem to create a problem, only the tool panel.   I really do like my tool panel on the right side of the screen, it is far more efficient for my extremely right handed self. 

I hope I have explained myself better this time. 
adobe-screen-shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did my best through over last 5 weeks to enforce Adobe to fix it. That costed me many hours to collect any info, any topic and user it happened for. I had to be aware all of this time to be sure someone notice my effort and do something about it. Finally there is progress as from some conversations with staff I see they took it for serious, and what is good that is one of the last bugs there left in CC 2018 their engineers may focus on enough. What I got to know few days ago from employee is it had be to fixed for 19.1.3. Their engineer almost did that in a week preceeding current release, but then found something eventually failed, so to be sure it will work as should they held off on this patch yet.

For next weeks I propose you to dock your panels to right edge of your workspace and then dock Tools Bar to one of that other docked panel. You do not need to have it on left side (even docked), if that is close enough of an edge. Docking it directly to right edge will do the trick as well.

Regarding recieving message instead of getting tiny image it happens only when your undocked Tools Bar is positioned very close to down edge. Any other position should mostly create / open documents with different small size in down left corner. But there is also a case when image appears in upper left corner while its left half will be exceeded beyond edge.

Be patient a little more and use a workaround for now, or install version 19.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do appreciate your efforts, thank you!  I can imagine how frustrating your job can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can't say I didn't do that mainly for myself. I have specific workspaces for different stuff that makes impossible for me to work with this cumbersome bug. For over 40 users you're only one - like me who minds having one of default workspace or docked Tools Bar to right / left edge. So yes I feel lonely seeing noone really cares of. What it comes to mind if not me this bug probably would exist for next years - like some others I found recently they were not part of Ps in some earlier versions but became later. Since they have not been disturbing users, stick till present day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kukurykus,

Can you reproduce this error/behavior consistently with one of your workspaces?

If so, would you be able to provide me with that workspace file so I can test here?

Navigate to ~/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings/Workspaces (Modified) and send me the offending .psw files? petgreen at adobe dot com

Let me know.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce it each time my Tools Bar is undocked and moved somewhere enough far from left edge in any (provided with Ps too) workspace.

A file was just sent at your E-mail. I forgot to make a title so I'm not sure you'll get it as last time when I sent it to someone else - also for adobe e-mail - it wasn't recieved. So if you can't find it, let me know and I'll resend it with some title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't make it to my inbox unfortunately.

Could you perhaps put the workspaces on a shared cloud space, and DM the link to me?

That would work just as well.

Also, I've tried reproducing this by moving my toolbar around the screen (4k and 2k screens) and have been unsuccessful thus far.

Are you on Mac or Win?

What screen resolution are you using when you're able to reproduce this?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines