• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: New Path layers break after naming, anchors do not connect in Photoshop 22.3 update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just updated from PS 22.2 to 22.3. I have found that when trying to edit existing paths (rather than creating a new one from scratch) there seems to be a bug. If I delete one or more anchor points and pick-up the path again it will not join to new anchor points or close the path. Have had to give up and go back to 22.2.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same problem?

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-63074}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the beahviour (Photoshop 22.3.0 on MacOS 10.15.7). 

Please post a Bug Report over on 

Photoshop Family

and post the link here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible workaround: Please try creating an unneeded Work Path, then working on proper Paths might work as intended. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not seen to have that problem on Windows.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"work path" is fine, but if you name the path, you should not be able to draw the segments of the path.

SS 2021-03-10 23.53.19.png

Yamonov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping a meaningless Work Path seems to allow me to create proper Paths as expected. 

bugReportPenToolUnconnectedPathPoints2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On windows any path I target I can edit.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

「作業用パス( work path )」では問題ありません。

SS 2021-03-11 1.00.06.png

「作業用パス」が残っている場合も描けますが、

SS 2021-03-11 1.00.20.png

SS 2021-03-11 1.00.50.png

名前付きパスのみにすると、パスのセグメントが描画されなくなります。 

Yamonov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I see your issue now.  You can not name a segment. You can copy a path give it a new name and edit the copy.  However, in PS 22.3 you can not edit a copy you have the issue you are reporting.  Please report this to Adobe on their feedback site.

Capture.jpg

Seems that Copied close paths can be edited but not open ones. Its strange I don't know exactly what triggers the bug  to bite.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to work OK here in Windows 10 v20H2 with PS22.3

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction to my previous post - if the path is saved or copied - re-editing is a mess. So yes it impacts Windows.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Photoshop update to version 22.3, the pen tool is not working anymore when I want to create a new path. The pen is creating new anchor points, but no links between the points. It is impossible to create a new path with anchor points connected together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think you are talking about the "rubber band".

Make sure it is checked by clicking on the gear icon when the pen tool is selected: see screenshot

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 12.30.12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but the rubber band is checked and it is not working (see screenshot). path-photoshop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@emiliep4815826 wrote:

After the Photoshop update to version 22.3, the pen tool is not working anymore

This bug has been reported. Please add to this thread for the developers to see:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep a Work Path, then you should be able to work on named Paths. 

bugReportPenToolUnconnectedPathPoints2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

It works and is helpful.

However i'm still waiting for Adobe will fix this issue.

This morning update 22.3.0 didn't bring expected solution.

BR

SKa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me to keep a "work path" even if I won't use it. After creatig a Work path I am able to add and connect new points to a Named path as always.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone having issues with the pen tool? When I'm creating a new path, and its still titled "work path" I'm not having any issues. But the moment I save it, retitle it, and add more paths - no points are connecting to each other. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what version of OSX you are using? (in case it is OS related)

Auto add and delete shouldn't make any difference.

Try resetting the Pen Tool for a start.  I'm not going to suggest resetting Preferences unless all else has failed!

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm operating Big Sur unfortunately... 

I will try resetting the tool and see how that works out for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a reported bug in 22.3. Please add your comments to the feedback forum for bug reports that is followed by the developers and see the work-around posted there to keep a work path (as you have discovered):

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll be installing the previous version to get past this hiccup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, and that's a good idea. You can go back to 22.2 in the Creative Cloud app until this is solved.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines