• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 crash and freeze while using Neural filters

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a decent processor (AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz) and RAM (32 GB RAM) on my system even though the new Adobe Photoshop 2021 crashes every time I try to launch Neural Filters. Seems like a totally failed version of Photoshop.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 2021 is crashing while launching Neural filters. 

Would you mind checking the below troubleshooting steps?

Let us know how i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 107 Replies 107
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a driver or hardware problem. Even though I did try disabling the graphics processor, and updating my drivers.

Neural filters worked just fine for me when I was on Windows 1909, and they started crashing after I updated to 20H2, nothing else changed about my computer...

This neural filters crash is sitill not fixed in Photoshop 22.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just installed the latest photoshop (desktop app says "up to date") an latest Nvidia drivers.

Neural filters still crashes my PC (win 10)

It opens the panel, preview of som skin smoothing filter, hourglass for a few seconds and photoshop crashes.

New update does not help for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Have a brand new laptop with the latest and greatest and when I go into the Neural Filters and try to apply them, the app itself crashes. App is up to date version 22.01......... 

not sure what was "fixed"? But many still rec crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop up to date version 22.01 But Still Smae Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the version 22.1 installed and it still crashes my computer when I open neural filters 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up trying to use Neural Filters, but I did try once, a few weeks back and nothing went wrong.  I'm on CC so I've got the latest version of PS, but the other thing I'd recently done was to completely remove Topaz filters as many of them no longer worked very well. Could just be a coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the recent updated version still crashes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried the filters with a couple of photos and it does seem to be working, it certainly isn't crashing. I'm on 24.1.0, but as I said in my last post, I have recently removed Topaz from my computer as their filters were resulring in a completely blank image. I wonder if this has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.1 which includes the fix for the crash issue while using Neural filters.

Check out the list of all fixed issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me : no joy, identical to what happened before...

Panel opens with one filter, face befor/after (few seconds) and crash ...

Version 22.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No hapiness here... it's still crashing!!! HELP!!!  Any other way to fix this problem???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing for me. The only difference is previously the crash would happen a few seconds after the neural filters window gets opened, whereas now I'm able to download some filters, maybe even apply them, but saving the result to a new layer causes Photoshop to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashes and they keep saying use updated version of photoshop which I am. It's still not working 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit

Just updated and Photoshop 22.0.1 and it has crash more than 20 times... very frustrated when you have clients waiting for their work.  Deleted the preefrence folder, but stil crashing.  PLEASE ANYONE HELP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neural filters still crashing my PC (win 10) in 2021.

It opens the panel for 10 seconds then just crashes photoshop with no pop-up warning box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no change.  Like everyone else here, the filters still crash Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm it, still crashing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had those crashes too. Last week I got a new computer and it works fine. Compatibility issue with older hardware, I guess... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem only occurs on one of my computers. Adobe support gave me ano help jonce they had double checked what I told them. that my system and graphics driver were up to date. My PC is two years old but wth I7 processor, 16GB RAM anf masses of spare disk space. My Graphics card is GeForce 1050 GTX Ti which 4 GB memory and the latest driver. Adobe haven't got a clue how to sort this out. The whole poin of CC subscription is to keep up to date but I didn't realise that would mean me buying a new PC every two years. Bad show Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I too have an older i7 and a 1050 Ti, and having neural philters crushing Photoshop each time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm using a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop with 16GB RAM, an  i7 1050ti 4GB graphics card with a 1TB Samsung 980 interal SSD drive (an upgrade), plus a 2TB Seagate interal drive and a 4TB WD USB C drive hooked up to it. Using nerual filters often results in crashes, this is especially true when using the Style Transfer feature. All graphics driver are up-to-date, as is my OS. Photoshop version 23.3.2. I've done the various troubleshooting suggestions (reset prferences, uncheck use graphics processor options, etc..., but this problem continues to persist and has been an ongoing issue over several iteriations of Photoshop.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth noting, neural filters are more stable when I disable my laptop's discrete graphic card in the Photoshop setting forcing PS to use the integrated card instead, but I still get some crashes, and overall perforamace takes a big hit when I do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines