• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop creating a debug.log file when you open a PSD File

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my photoshop to the latest version, 21.2.2.289, and I noticed that everytime I open a PSD file. Photoshop creates a debug.log file in the same folder as the PSD file. How do I turn this off?

Untitled

[Moderator note: PS-55193]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Good news! Tonight's 21.2.4 update should fix the issue with new debug.log file creation. 
Look for the Photoshop update in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud desktop. For help, see Update Creative Cloud apps

Let us know if the update fixes it for you as well!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 104 Replies 104
People's Champ ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run photoshop as administrator, then this file will be created in the Photoshop folder in ProgramFiles.

P.S. It's still a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely annoying and needs to be fixed. Also currently unable to log in and file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I get this:

[0820/190221.219:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Long rAF frame-time", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Required/www-rich-tooltips/build/external.js (1)
[0821/200906.953:ERROR:media_internals.cc(112)] Cannot get RenderProcessHost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm seeing this now as well.  Super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having the same issue. 2 days ago, i believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe is aware.  I updated to previous version until 21.2.3 is created

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another annoying bug. Come on Adobe, Photoshop is not free software. With each new update, a new bug. There is no testing department? Beta versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are aware of this issue and our engineering team is investigating a fix. We will update you on this.

Thanks. 

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on this? Super annoying for my Dropbox clients

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when we can expect an update?  We have a team of people working on a shared server that's being polluted by these annoying files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need more than two weeks and the whole engineering team to figure out why your own program has suddenly started to write debug logs? Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's high time that Adobe starts giving us answers what's happening...

It's like sitting on a plane with known engine problems, but the captain says nothing to his worried passengers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issue but debug log shows up on my desktop and it cannot be deleted because error message says file is in use by Photoshop. Is this a virus or dangerous file??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ordinarily, you can close Photoshop and then delete them...they seem to locked because the program is still open. They are not dangerous. Just a txt file where, if photoshop crashed, it would probably write a debug log as to what happened. Likely to be a dev tool that wasn't switched off for this particular build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you pay for a car and don't bother to put the wheel in place every time you use it, that's fine. But don't say it works for everyone. I at least value my money. At the very least it should be bug-free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. Plus it also messes with uploading/downloading files when working on websites. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still having issues with images? When I am uploading to websites they are not appearing properly, or they appear in preview but not in published and vice versa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not free to use.

We pay a lot of money for the service and not solving a problem in over a week is bad.

Have never experienced Phostoshop as unstable as right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS ... I also have to ask why you mark the thread in green. 
Nothing is solved yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just getting it with new release, my log has different errors in it.  Annoying as you have to close Photoshop to delete and it keeps coming back.

"\[0827/235224.188:warning:dns_config_service_win.cc(668)\] Failed to read DnsConfig."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being aware of somthing does't really mean it's 'resolved' then does it?

I am assuming an update will be rolled out when the this bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. v21.2.2 since 14 days. Windows 10 ... annoying and completely useless ... please fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have the same issue with PS 21.2.2: every time I open a psd file a debug file appears. These are the informations I find inside the file:

[0903/182340.848:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230): 
C:\fakepath(57,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(65,9-43): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Any news about this issue?

Thank you.

Alessandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open photoshop at all keeps shutting down. Been trying since 8am this morning a whoe day wasted . More frustrated that I did not get a notice or email. Since I just purchased it a few months back had no idea what was going on only for son saying go to support page I'd have no idea. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines