• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green screen

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to learn how to change a background from a green screen. I have watched multiple youtube videos on it and I get through most of the steps but then it says to select 'inverse' and press the backspace button and my photo goes all one colour instead of having a white background. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day!

People deleting Layer content instead of using Layer Masks often seems to be a sign that they do not care terribly much about best practices.

If the whole image fills at deleting it could be that you are working on the Background Layer and do not have an active Selection or the Selection covers the whole image.

But you have not really given the pertinent information about what you have done, what the Selection is, what the Layer structure of the file is etc. so please post screenshots to clarify of this Forum directly.

How to post a screenshot in the forum...

Regards,

Pfaffenbichler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have marching ants around the foreground image or the background?  If background is selected, hitting Inverse will switch your selection to the foreground image.  Not what you want. 

If the foreground image is selected, hitting Inverse will switch selection to the background.  Hitting your backspace key will remove the background. 

In this screenshot, the green background is selected with marching ants.  Hitting backspace key will leave the polygon intact.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's about a still. What about a green screened movie? You can't make a layer mask for each frame. Give me a hint, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For a movie you would need to use an application designed for movies and with a green screen removal tool built in i.e. Adobe After Effects

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines