• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guidance on best way to go back. Issues with 22.4.2

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed update to 22.4.2.  After which the Application Menu as well as other areas became hidden.  I then changed switchable graphics which fixed the hidden menu problem, but then created a 1114 DLL error whereby preventing Photoshop to fully open past the splash screen.  Tech support advised to install Window 10 updates to version 2082.  My Windows won't update past 1909.  I'm now faced with the probability my laptop has become a large paper weight. 

I don't recall which version of Photoshop I was running before 22.4.2.   Is there a way to check?  I have a 2015 and 2017 directory.  Can I just bring up Creative Cloud Desktop and click on "other versions" and pick one on the list below or do I have to uninstall photoshop entirely first?  Also, if I have to uninstall first, will I be able to go back to that list and pick out which version I want to install or will it disappear?  Having never had to deal with this before, I'm hoping someone can give me some incite to make this as painless as possible.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the CC app and uninstall Photoshop from there. The previous versions won't go away, you can then pick which one you want to reinstall.

You'll be asked if you want to keep your preferences. I would recommend that you choose "no" here, this will be equivalent to resetting your preferences, which is always a good troubleshooting measure. The preference file can easily be corrupted because it's rewritten entirely every time you quit the application.

Generally, dual graphics will always be a problem with advanced software, and I feel this is undercommunicated from the laptop manufacturers. The GPU isn't a simple downstream flow like it used to be (and still is in simple and basic applications). In Photoshop, the GPU is used for actual data processing, and the result returned for further processing. You can't send data to one GPU and expect to get it back from the other. There can only be one GPU in this equation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines