• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High School Plans - why not free?

Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an out of work photographer (due to covid) who now works in High Schools. I won't say which, because it's not relevant, but I am in the UK. I work in two High Schools, both of which teach photography and both of which do not use Adobe Products. They use weird and wonderful solutions like GIMP, P-Edit and Affinity and more. So tens of students every year will never see an Adobe product (unless at home) while learning photography. The reason is price. Adobe is not only too expensive, but Arts in general in schools is massively underfunded. Budgets are often allocated based on numbers of people in the class, rather than the costs they have in order to do a good job. I hope that Adobe would be able to give a no-brainer price to schools, colleges and universities. After all, the Photography Bundle, with PS and LR for £10/month for working professionals is a truly affordable and amazing price point, but there is no such thing for schools. It would be great for this to happen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mainly a user-to-user forum, suggestions to Adobe should be addressed to:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Are you stating that schools are unable to subscribe to the Photography Plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. It's not that they are unable, it's just that budgets in state schools are unbelievably small. The per shared device package (£280 approx) would barely be affordable for them - and that's for one machine with Adobe on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are education plans and some schools and colleges do provide access to Adobe software. My daughter attends college in the UK and is given access to the CC package , through her college.

These links may be helpful:

https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud/buy/education.html

and

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/covid-19-education-labs.html#FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave. I'll have a look at those links. It's possible that colleges are better funded in this Dept, or just differently funded. I also appreciate that college students are potentially closer to work than high school students, but was literally shocked at how much scratching around with no money my schools have to do. The budget they have wouldn't even get a handful of student on Adobe products. I'll also try to chat to Adobe through their forum too, as the previous poster mentioned. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines