Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal Scrolling Problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a Photoshop CC 2015. Currently I am using the Logitech's MX Master, with a wheel specifically for horizontal scrolling.

But this does not seem to work in the Windows Version of Photoshop. I have tested the exact same function(horizontal scroll) on the Photoshop of my mac, and it worked out absolutely fine - just like vertical scrolling.

For the windows though, when I try to scroll horizontally,at first it immediately scroll all the way to the far left of the horizontal bar. After that, the horizontal scroll will have no effect and simply stuck at the very end.

Of course, I can use my mouse to control the horizontal bar, but it will be much more convenient if Photoshop can support a wheel specifically for horizontal scrolling.

So in a nutshell what I am looking for is a way to use my horizontal scrolling wheel in Photoshop.

Thanks again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

If the device provides the OS event for horizontal scrolling, then it should work.

Photoshop is just looking for the OS event, same as for vertical scrolling.

And I've seen it work with other input devices -- so my guess is a Logitech driver issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2017 and the saturation of zoom in/out problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's terrible that it is now 2018 and this is still a problem, not only with the MX master, which at least seems to have a workaround of setting horizontal scroll to zoom in/out (a function meant for browsers where zoom is CTRL+Scroll up/down and therefore tricks photoshop into horizontal scroll) in the Logitech software, but does not function in Logitech Gaming Software which is responsible for controlling some of Logitech's other mice. To make matters worse you would think that you could simply remap right to left and left to right, but sadly this causes horizontal scrolling in photoshop to go all the way to the other side of the image. Please work together with Logitech and fix this, or considering its not an issue with any other software, step up and fix it yourselves. The status quo of "working as intended" is unacceptable when there is a blatant disregard for your paying customers workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you joking? This is Adobe. No help, no responsibility - always other companies make mistakes... I have Logitech MX and Logitech MX 2s - and still is the same behaviour. In other applications with horizontal scroll is no problem with scrolling, only in Photoshop, but Adobe copy and paste "this is Logitech issue" and "we only catch OS events"... So, why other applications (Opera, Word, SublimeText, IntelliJ IDEA, Corel Painter or finally ADOBE READER DC!) work fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines