Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horrible customer service.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

Anyone out there know how a phone number or email for a real person at Adobe USA corporate who can help deal with customer service problems.  In the last three weeks four out five promised calls from upper level customer support agents never happened.  I'm getting really tired of the empty promises and buggy software.  

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Customer service is good. Adobe handles User account and installation issues well.   Adobe Programs support historically is poor some bugs are never fixes and major bugs are fixed usually within five months. To use Photoshop you need to be able to work around bugs and have more than one version of Photoshop installed the help you work around current new bugs. Adobe needs to improve their software development processes their current development process releases too many bugs. You can write to Adobe CEO like you can write to the head of any country will the CEO ever see your letter or will it be filtered out.   I've been using PS over 20 years.  PS is a great Program but all version of Photoshop have bugs.  If you want a Bug free Program look elsewhere you do not want Photoshop. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  If Adobe tech. support promised to call you back on a certain day between certain hours and they didn't keep their word, over and over again, you might not have such a positive outlook on Adobe customer support.  

As a professional photographer I've been using PS for many years, with only a few bugs.  In the last half year or so things have changed to where major bugs have become very common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what universe you are living in, but Adobe customer service is legendarily bad, without exception. It's not a hard call. Any company that takes you money (deceptively) in five minutes but makes you spend two-three days, dozens of phone calls, hour on the web, chat, and calls, just to cancel a simple subscription, is pure evil, and doesn't belong on you vendor list. Caveat emptor. There are plenty of good alternaitves out there that aren't designed to make you a hostage to their business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Corporate headquarters

345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704

Tel: 408-536-6000
Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Unfortunately that number no longer works without having a specific employee name.  In other words, there doesn't seem to be a way to reach a live person who can route the call to the appropriate department.  Do you happen to know of someone specific in the customer service dept. or the CEO's office?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are volunteer users on this forum. Contact Adobe Customer Care: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Click the chat icon in the lower right and type "agent" to get a human and not a bot.

Be sure to ask for the agent's name at the start of the call and ask for a case number.

How did you contact Adobe previously? I'm asking because scammers lurk on this site as they do on all forums, plus you might reach fake websites with Google. (Do not respond to scammers who may PM you.)

If it's an issue with the software that we can help with, then start a new thread and we'll try to help.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane,

I've contacted Adobe support both via phone (800-833-6687) and via chat.  Even this morning, on a chat with an agent was promised yet another call that never materialized.

My case has been escalated to a senior agent for two weeks now.  It was the senior agents that have not returned promised calls more than the regular reps.

My issues are/were:

1.  PS froze up every few minutes (usually when navigating through an image at 100% using the hand tool).

2.  PS crashed every half hour or so.

3.  The batch process window would stay open even after the batch process was completed.  (The only way to get rid of the batch process window is to quit PS.)

4.  Saving 70MB images takes from 3 to 20 seconds.  (It used to take less than a second.)

5.  In ACR, using the bracket keys to adjust the size of the spot healing tool only worked sporadically. 

I did talk with customer support many times on these issues.  Often they'd reset the preferences and/or adjust the performance specs..  Unfortunately the problems kept recurring.  Then I saw postings on the Adobe community forum where others have also found PS 2021 very buggy and suggested going back to PS 2020.  (None of the customer support agents mentioned that as an possible solution.)  So I did go back to PS 2020 and now am having no issues with the worst problems (1 & 2 on list above).  Problems 3 & 4 persist, and not sure if problem 5 remains.

I'd say my top issue right now is solving the problem with Adobe customer service, as I can't afford to stay home waiting for the promised calls that don't come and I've lost trust in any of the promises that the agents make.  I'd also like to go back to PS 2021, as I find the Sky Selection feature very useful, but at this point it's not worth the freezes and crashes.  (BTW - I'm on a 2014 MacBook Pro running OS10.15.7)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Program support has never been good  and it takes Adobe time to fix reported bugs and some bugs Adobe chooses not to fix.  You have been using Photoshop for years in your professional photography business and have versions of Photoshop that work well for your work.  It is unrealistic for you to believe that if Adobe introduced a new bug in Photoshop that they will be able to fix it quickly for you. As a professional you should have more then one version of Photoshop installed so you will have a version that you can do your work with.   Adobe unfortunately always releases updates and new version of Photoshop with new bugs don't jump on board till you know you can do you work in a new photoshop update.  Take care of your business you do not have to use the newest version of Photoshop.  You will just get frustrated with Adobe when it come to dealing with bugs.  Use what works and read this forum the see when bugs get fixed and what new bugs have cropped up.  

With all the Changes Apple and Adobe are making these days  I feel Mac users Pain...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the system requirements. Click the links to see additional info. (This may or may not be useful info for you.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

macOS

Minimum Recommended
Processor Intel processor with 64-bit support; 2 GHz or faster processor with SSE 4.2 or later
Operating system macOS Mojave (version 10.14) or later macOS Big Sur (version 11)
macOS Catalina (version 10.15)
RAM 8 GB 16 GB or more
Graphics card
  • GPU with Metal support
  • 2 GB of GPU memory
  • GPU with Metal support
  • 4 GB of GPU memory for 4k displays and greater

To find out if your computer supports Metal, see Mac computers that support Metal

See the Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Monitor resolution 1280 x 800 display at 100% UI scaling 1920 x 1080 display or greater at 100% UI scaling
Hard disk space 4 GB of available hard-disk space; additional space is required for installation

4 GB of available hard-disk space; additional space is required for installation

• Fast internal SSD for app installation
  • Additional high-speed drive(s) or SSD to set up scratch disks
Photoshop will not install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system
Internet Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services †

Here's what I suggest:

• One thing you can do is to use 2021 for sky replacement and 2020 for everything else. (Temporary fix.)
  • Get the agent's name and case number at the beginning of the next call. Post it here if there are more issues and we can report it to Adobe.
  • Insist on a move to the next tier of support.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_support
  • Don't get a new computer with an M1 chip until it stabilizes. Adobe and Apple are still working on the issues caused by M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your helpful feedback.  Looks like my system meets the minimums (and I've surely gone years on this computer without major PS issues until now).  I'll try to be better about noting agent's names.  I did note that the last person that I spoke with, who insisted he'd call me Monday after 3PM and never did, was named Depache (not use of the spelling of that).  I think Depache is a second tier agent.  BTW - does Adobe have third tier agents?

Also, after receiving an email that the case will be closed in 24 hrs, I requested, via Chat on 3/2, that the case remain open for 72hrs.  Vishakha said he'd update that, but then I received an email the next day saying the case was closed.

Today I'll try calling the Portland, Seattle and SF numbers for Adobe hoping to find a real person who might be able to help get Bangalore to honor their call back promises.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW - I've taken your advice and reuploaded PS 2021 to use for sky replacement.  Haven't tried it yet, but will be interested to see if the same freezing and crashing problems remain.  Those problems made the program practically unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines