Exit

Hotkeys delete layers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

Weird problem on Mac Os 11.4 

When I use [ hotkey (decrease brush size), sometimes it works properly, and sometimes it suddenly delets 2 active layers. Ive checked buttons and none of them conflicting.

This happens not only with [, but with double click on space or X or others. Reinstallation didnt work, I couldn't google solution as well.

Plz help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop starts behaving oddly, a reset of the Preferences often fixes the problem. The Photoshop Preferences can be found within the Photoshop menu on a Mac and the Edit menu on Windows. Within the General tab is the Reset Preferences On Quit button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work ( I'm beginning to think it's not photoshop problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is it only the [ key? Or does it happen with both?

Do you have a Wacom tablet connected to your computer?

Have you noticed any weird things happening with your keyboard while you are in other programs? The reason I ask is that I was having a problem with periods just showing up when I was typing, and it turned out to be my keyboard. I know this sounds basic, but it always helps to start at the beginning. Also, check to make sure your keyboard is clean.

Keyboard shortcuts don't suddenly change or do something different, which leads me to believe it's the keyboard.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Sometimes it happens with space as well, yeh. Wacom intuos pro connected.

I will check keyboard, thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. I was having similar issues. I had a Wacom tablet with touch-activated and there was a note small not book on it that was causing the weirdness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines