• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can we improve the design of this logo?!

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We designed a logo for our business with Photoshop. But we think the designed character could be better. Do we think right or is it good?
Our business is in the field of digital marketing platforms called [link removed by moderator]Ugger in ancient Persian means fire and is written in the form of  [Link removed by moderator] the composition of this logo also consists of the letters آ, گ, and ر.
Please share your opinion with us.
Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t read farsi or arabic so the typography is lost on me, otherwise the image does seem decent. 

A few minor points

• I wonder if the brightest yellow might not be brighter yet. 

• The angles of the »internal twist«’s start and end might possibly be improved a little (right bottom of the circle). 

• I wonder if the »tail« of the circle might benefit from breaks to evocate a progress bar to more strongly imply the digital aspect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A technical issue: I hope you used Shape Layers or Vector Masks anyway but if you need vector output at any point, it might be better to create the logo in Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

In looking at your logo, the only thing that really bothered me was the odd shape/negative space created by the end of the orange part of the circle. I think if you were to mimic the edges that you have created on the top bars that it would feel more intentional. See the example (very rough) I've attached below.

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 10.49.41 AM.png

I agree with  c.pfaffenbichler's comment below that it could be a little brighter--make sure the colors are clean and I think that will create more definition too.

Show us the final when you get it done!

Michelle 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mglush I like that idea, Michelle! I always look at negative space, too. I immediately saw a keyhole:

4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ugger5E78 I agree with the other comments and I like to look at a logo in black and white to see if it has the same impact. I realize there may be few, if any, times the logo may appear this way. But sometimes logos have to be reprinted in grayscale, or duotone for packaging and signage or times when 4-color printing isn't practical. More than this, looking at your logo in black and white is a great way to see how you've applied your colors and if future versions of the logo colors will work. Remember, some viewers are color blind or sight challenged. Overall, I like the design! As others pointed out, be sure to create a vector file so the logo can always be sized however large you need it to appear.

2.jpg3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is an interesting design, so well done.  Are you an experienced graphic design team, or just trying your hand?

I find it difficult to assess small graphics so I hope you don't mind that I rebuilt it.  This does make it easier to change having it on multiple layers.  

A question of my own...  Can we apply gradients to shape layers without resorting to layer styles?  I used multiple work paths to create the different shapes, but then simply Ctrl clicked to load as a selection and filled with a gradient.  When I make a graphic like this for real I like to convert each path to a solid color fill layer (shape). Combine as a Smart Object, and copy to a CC Library for future use, and it is much nicer doing that as a vector.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My consultancy fees are 60gbp per hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is legible. I can see the گ and the ر clearly, colours represent fire too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines