• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save ico in Photoshop CC

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated to Photoshop CC and can no longer save files to ico format. In CS6 I had a plugin from this website: http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/ but they don't have anything for CC listed yet. I tried to drag that plugin into the CC plugin folder and it didn't seem to change anything, restarted Photoshop and the machine as well.

Does anyone know if there is a new plugin out there. I used google and couldn't find anything, maybe I'm searching for the wrong words. Any help on this would be appreciated, I need to make a little more than 300 icons this month for my companies product and don't want to have to install CS6 back on the machine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no software needed

http://converticon.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mike, for now this is a solution. It just ads an extra step to the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike - very easy, fast and free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mahalo for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not support multiple resolution .ico files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link redirects to https://punklabs.com/deprecated - this project has (unfortunately) been deprecated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Telegraphics' ico plugin for Mac cs5/cs6 works for cc too, just drop it in Photoshop's Plug-ins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this does work on CC for Mac OS X. Make sure you create as a new RGB color mode and not CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help on this, too bad for me that at my work I have to work on a PC. I have a Mac at home and ended up taking the file home to save to the ico format because it was faster and easier. Lucky for me, my work doesn't mind me going home to work every once in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Telegraphics does make the plug-in for PC.  Just sayin'...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me how your Mac -- the Mac machine itself -- makes it easier to export an ico file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work on my PC as well. Make sure you get the correct version - 32 or 64 bit. At first I didn't think it worked and then I realized my file was cmyk--changed it to rgb as others here suggested and voila! For Windows 8 the 64 bit path is: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Required\Plug-Ins\File Formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASENT266 solved something that has plagued me repeatedly!

Why does the plugin not show in the Save As... dialog?

Becuase the color space was not set to RGB. Doh!

Thanks, ASENT266!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^^ THIS ^^ Totally worked for me also!

Make sure you put the file in: Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 > Plug-ins > File Formats (be sure to create that folder)

Then make sure in Photoshop:

Image > Mode > RGB

(Will not show up in Save As.. Dialogue if CMYK mode is enabled!!!!!!!! I thought plugin was broken! Doh!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but be careful - it affected my cc version of after effects so it didn't start anymore until i deleted the plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that installing the 32 and 64 versions of the plugin solved this issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just make your file as 16x16 or 32x32 and save for the web as your-image.ico or favicon.ico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see an option for .ico format in the Save for Web (Legacy) or as any available format in the Save As or Export options (Adobe CC 2020).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop never supported .ico files.  You need a 3rd party plugin or use an online service.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to create the "File Formats" folder in the plug-ins folder and get the .ico expert to work? I have tried with Adobe Photoshop Mac 2020 without success. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use the plugin you have? I need to create a favicon for a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can download the plug-ins called Telegraphics. I have Photoshop cc 2014 installed on windows 7 64 bit  so i download from the website Windows (64 bit)

After you download the plug-ins ( in the archive is ICOFormat64 ) you have to copy to the file File Formats, in my case is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Required\Plug-Ins\File Formats.

Have fun !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed as you stated, but, I cannot use it. I have also checked the About Plugins and it is there, but when I try to save the files and choose the format there is no .ico option..

Any help?

I am using PS CC 64

Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a way to save .ico in Photoshop ?

Here is a tutorial with photos .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines