• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you change the timeline duration in Photoshop CC 2014 and Windows 8.1?

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be 5 second limit on the duration of the timeline in Photoshop version 2014.

How can you extend the duration of the animation? There's a timeline window, but no "animation" window as mentioned in many of the help files.

How do you change the duration in Photoshop  2014?

I'm using Windows 8.1 as my OS.

Thanks.

[Version numbers added by moderator.]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Try dragging the right end edge to the right more to expand the duration.  In the timeline palette you can create a Frame animation or a video timeline.Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a pain, but you can duplicate a frame and then you have two 5 second frames that you can then adjust if you wanted somewhere between 5 and 10 seconds per frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN PS 5C the option is hidden in  the little dropdown caret in the right upper corner of the timeline container. if you click on that, you get a list of options, one of them is 'document settings...' There you can set the duration, frame rate and fps. I believe this is also there on the later editions.

in the same dropdown you find a lot of other timeline related options, which you would normally expect to be on the timeline layers it self, for example with right clicking the layer on the timeline. Why they did it this way, i have no clue but i expect it to be patent related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just needed to add metadata to a still, then upload to youtube for a 360. The  '5 second duration rule' simple workaround, in the timeline click on '+' and drop another still, sequentially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines