Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change Photoshop splash page image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way to change the image that appears when you launch Photoshop?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the ability to change the opening splash screen was removed because of abuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got rid of that hideous splash screen by going back to the previous version of Photoshop. Fortunately it was still on my computer, and apparently it's still getting updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you listening Adobe? No one likes this very weird woman staring at them ... please get rid asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

She is the only reason I open photoshop in the first place lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please let us change this image.  It is depressing to see every time I open Photoshop which I do at least 10 times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe here this is just a help forum, you could start a conversation on the Adobe Feedback Forum

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Or you could add to the already existing thread

Photoshop: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows 10 (8, 7 ?) users this hides the splashscreen:

Re: Splash Screen: CC 19.00 Release

Properties of the start icon in my task bar:

nosplash.png

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, Perfect, Saved Me!!!!!!  THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much... Was dying a little every time I was seeing this horror! Can't believe they chose this woman...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also works for the latest release thankfully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind it, but, I believe this is the first with a real human image, as opposed to an illustration. Personally, I would rather have an abstract image with an open interpretation. I quite liked the simplicity of CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little twee and a little regressive. And extremely saccharine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a way (3rd party App) to change it and it work with ( CC 2014---->CC 2018) , i used it with CC 2017 and CC 2018 and it worked smooth. just youtube it   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's good instructions of how to change the splash screens on Ps and other apps on both Windows and Mac at http://mteam7.com/blog/cc-splash

It's not incredibly simple but it's looks workable.
I have not tried it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just like to get rid of it when Photoshop 2020 opens. It can be done in Lightroom through preferences, but i have not found it in Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For windows, just right click on the shortcut, then Properties, then set the target to:  "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Photoshop.exe" -NoSplash    (Your program location might be different, but just add the -NoSplash to the end of it.)  It worked for me, hopefully will work for you. Note, it only works when you use the shortcut. If you open Photoshop by clicking on a file, it doesn't apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  I got SOOOOO tired of seeing her nd glad I'm not the only one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful, Steffi-mark! Thank you ever so much. How in the world did you come onto that fix? Instead of -NoSplash, if one wanted an image could we put -xxxx.jpg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Google helped me find the NoSplash after much searching, but I don't believe that there is an easy way to switch out the photo, unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is still there. Amazon must be paying Adobe a lot of money to keep it up. Maybe they should think about posting some Bud Light artwork to give people some variety...PS_SplashScreen.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines