• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Open ai file in photoshop?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I recently purchased an ai/eps image.  I do not have Adobe Illustrator.  I open it in photoshop and I get a blank square.  Is there a trick to opening these?  I've opened eps files before with no problems.  Can someone please help me?

Thanks/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

It is best to Place in AI file so the smart object layer object is a vector object.  If you open and AI file with Photoshop you will find out that Photoshop does not support AI files.  For Photoshop will treat the AI file as if it were a ESP of PFD file and open its contents as a pixels layer which will not resize well.  However you can have Photoshop scale the layer well during the open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No tricks, everything works as it used to work in Photoshop when opening Ai and eps files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is best to Place in AI file so the smart object layer object is a vector object.  If you open and AI file with Photoshop you will find out that Photoshop does not support AI files.  For Photoshop will treat the AI file as if it were a ESP of PFD file and open its contents as a pixels layer which will not resize well.  However you can have Photoshop scale the layer well during the open.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a" could not complete your request because file is not the right kind of document."  Shows as .ai and was licensed from adobe stock photo catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you place the file or open the file?  I have done both  in Photoshop. However, if you open an .AI file it is opened as a single raster layer no other layers no vectors.  If you have AI can you open the .ai file in AI?  The file may be corrupt. Try downloading it again.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way to open Illustrator files in Photoshop yet? I can't seem to find a way to input layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines