• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove color profile from an image

Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is how to remove color profile from an image

Don't Color Manage this Document: option is used to instruct Photoshop to remove an existing embedded profile but when I save the file, close and open it I still see a color profile in the embedded image.

Steps Tried:

When I clicked on "Don't Color Manage this Document" and OK and save the document without closing I see that Photoshop says that there is no profile in the image, but once I close and reopen the file it retains the color profile. How is it possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Use the ColorSync scripts Remove.app located here /Library/Scripts/Remove.app

Just drag your image to the script Remove.app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the ColorSync scripts Remove.app located here /Library/Scripts/Remove.app

Just drag your image to the script Remove.app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image has a profile - "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" . I dragged the image onto "Remove profile from image.app" available in /Library/ColorSync/Scripts but still the image is having the color profile. Any other way to remove the color profile from the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly do you get the info that it has a profile after opening the un-profiled file?

What are your Edit – Color Settings (screenshot with More Options checked maybe)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doc.color_profile_name.get() to get the color profile of the document that is opened in Photoshop.

Even manually opening it Edit --> Assign Profile --> we see that the image has a profile.

The options are unchecked see below screenshot of the color settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Including images is only possible from the editor on this site, not when replying via mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried sending it as a message to you but still it dint go through... I saw that the Color Settings in my Photoshop CS3 and it is set to "North America General Purpose 2" the options are the same way as predefined I did not change them and also I see them to be unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you check ask when opening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it after you posted, restarted Photoshop and nothing happened Photoshop is able to open the image without any dialogs.

I did not understand why you wanted me to try this, probably to see if the image has no profile and Photoshop prompts to assign the working profile. Is that what you expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should indicate that the profile has not been removed.

What kind of file are you trying this with?

I just tested the remove script on a jpg and the profile was removed.

What profile info do you get when you drag the file to /Library/Scripts/ColorSync/Show Info.app after you have dragged it to Remove.app?

Try the North American Prepress 2 setting and see if you get any dialog when opening files. And, try the remove script with other file.

Doyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying this with a PNG file, even I tried for a TIF file and the remove script removed the color profile. But it is not working for some of the files.

After dropping it on the remove script I tried opening the image with North America Prepress set as the color setting and it popped out a dialog. So it seems to me now the color profile is removed, but its weird as remove script seems to be working perfectly only at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a jpg you saved without profile (with the camera-symbol)?

cameraSymbol.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture 22.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What profile info do you get when you drag the file to /Library/Scripts/ColorSync/Show Info.app after you have dragged it to Remove.app?

Buy the way png files do not support imbedded profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t tell me you were talking about pngs all along … those just seem to be like that.

Edit: Actually I have observed that only with Save for Web & Devices-created pngs, though.

With an un-profiled tiff it should not happen – are you sure those also assume the RGB Working Space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks DYP and pfaffenbichler, I am able to remove the color profile from the image(.png) files using "Remove profile from image.app". Hope it works consistently....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines