• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove reflections from a store front?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to work on removing the reflections of the building in front, windows, and cars on the storefront glass. I've tried with the stamp tool using pixels from the inside of the store but is not working. What is the best way to remove this reflection using photoshop? if there is any way. 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your question from Community Help to Photoshop.

I would re-shoot the image with a lens skirt and/or polarizing filters to eliminate unwanted reflections.  There is little chance of recovering interior details unless you have other, same angle interior shots to pull from.  

https://petapixel.com/2016/06/01/shoot-glass-leave-unwanted-reflections/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically all the glass  in this  shot is reflecting, so you have nothing to work with to replace them.  If you mean the brighter ones, then select them and use curves to add weight to the highlights in those sections to match the shadow or darker areas.  

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Your aim should be to reduce reflection not completely remove it, or it will not look like a glass front. Given the amount of reflection in that image though, I would take the image again but this time use a polarising filter on the camera lens which should help reduce, but not eliminate, the reflections.
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, How about selecting the window with Magic selection tool and go to exposure - darken as needed? JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try but the trouble with darkening the reflection in Photoshop is that you will also darken the interior. So ideally taking the photo with the polarising filter will allow the interior to show through.
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines