• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to downgrade Photoshop now it freezes often after updated from 2020 to 2021 (22.4.2)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated Photoshop to 2021 a few days ago, it freezes from time to time at random points with no specific messages to refer to.

I never experienced such issues when using 2020, so I wanted to roll it back or downgrade it to the previous version, but the Creative Cloud client doesn't seem to let me choose what version I want to install, while the Help section from Adobe's website clearly states that users can choose among various previous versions.

Is version downgrading not available? If so, how should I address this freezing issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

I went through a live chat session and found the solution.

Go to Update menu under Apps category, and click the Check For Update from the drop-down menu under the three-dot icon. Once it finishes Checking, the Other Versions options will be available once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can downgrade to the last 2021 version that worked or to 2020. Just folllow this guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the help section I mentioned in the last post. and below is what I see on my desktop Creative Cloud client:

untitled1.png

(Though it's written in Korean, apparantly the drop-down menu shows only two options, one is Learn More, and the other is uninstall, which is not like the Help topic saying there is another option called Other Versions.)

untitled2.png

(When I click Lear More and press Versions, this modal window shows up, and still it doesn't provide me with other versions than the latest one.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you can't, but you may have to open a chat with an agent.

See this article: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2020-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... you mean a 3rd party live chat agent, I guess? Since I couldn't see anything like that on Adobe's web site, and that's why I end up posting this article on this community... Thank you for your replies, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore what I replied, I guess I found what i've been looking for from your link 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I hope it goes smoothly from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through a live chat session and found the solution.

Go to Update menu under Apps category, and click the Check For Update from the drop-down menu under the three-dot icon. Once it finishes Checking, the Other Versions options will be available once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back. That should save everyone in this situation a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ģ•ˆė…•ķ•˜ģ„øģš”, ė§Ø ģœ„ źø€ ė³“ź³  ķ•œźµ­ė¶„ģ“ģ‹ ź²ƒ ź°™ģ•„ Replyė‹µė‹ˆė‹¤.. ģ €ė„ ź°™ģ€ ė¬øģ œė„¼ ź²Ŗź³ ģžˆėŠ”ė° ģ˜ģ–“ė”œ ģ“°ģ‹ ź±° ė³“ź³  ė”°ė¼ķ•“ė“¤ė”ė‹ˆ ģ•„ė¬“ ė°˜ģ‘ģ“ ģ—†ģ–“ģ„œģš”... ģ—¬źø° ģ‚¬ģ§„ģ— ėŖØė‘ ģ—…ė°ģ“ķŠø ģ¹ø ģ˜†ģ— ģ  ģ„øź°œėˆŒėŸ¬ģ„œ ėœØėŠ” 'ģ—…ė°ģ“ķŠø ķ™•ģø' ė²„ķŠ¼ģ“ ė³øė¬øģ—ģ„œ ė§ģ”€ķ•˜ģ‹œėŠ” 'Check For Update' ė²„ķŠ¼ģ“ ė§žė‚˜ģš”? ģ €ėŠ” ģ“ź±ø ķ–ˆėŠ”ė°ė„ ģ•„ė¬“ź²ƒė„ ģ•ˆėœØė„¤ģš”ć… ć…  ķ˜¹ģ‹œ ģ œź°€ ģž˜ėŖ» ģ•Œź³  ė”°ė¼ķ•œź±øź¹Œģš”? ė‹¤ģš“ź·øė ˆģ“ė“œ ķ•˜ź³ ģ‹¶ģ€ė° ė²„ģ „ģ“ ģ•„ģ˜ˆ ģ•ˆėœØė„¤ģš”..

į„‰į…³į„į…³į„…į…µį†«į„‰į…£į†ŗ 2021-08-02 į„‹į…©į„Œį…„į†« 5.32.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ģ•ˆė…•ķ•˜ģ„øģš”. ė§ģ”€ķ•˜ģ‹  ķ•“ė‹¹ ė²„ķŠ¼ģ“ ė§žģŠµė‹ˆė‹¤.

ģ›ėž˜ ģ–“ė„ė¹„ ź³µģ‹ ė¼ģ“ėøŒģ±— ė‹“ė‹¹ģžź°€ ģ›ź²©ģ œģ–“ė”œ ė¬øģ œ ķ•“ź²°ķ•“ģ£¼ė ¤ ķ–ˆėŠ”ė° ģ œ ķšŒģ‚¬ ė³“ģ•ˆģ •ģ±… ė•Œė¬øģ— ģˆ˜ė™ģœ¼ė”œ ė‹“ė‹¹ģžź°€ ģ§€ģ‹œķ•˜ėŠ” ėŒ€ė”œ ģ§„ķ–‰ķ•˜ė‹¤ź°€, ģš°ģ—°ķžˆ ķ•“ź²°ėœ ź²ƒģ„ ė°œź²¬ķ•œ ź±°ė¼ ģ™œ ģ € ė²„ķŠ¼ģ„ ėˆŒėŸ¬ė„ ģ•ˆ ė˜ėŠ”ģ§€ź¹Œģ§€ėŠ” ģ €ė„ ėŖØė„“ź² ė„¤ģš”...

ė‹¤ė§Œ ģ“ėž˜ģ €ėž˜ ģ—¬ėŸ¬ ģ”°ģ¹˜ė„¼ ķ•“ė„ ģ•ˆ ėœė‹¤ė©“ ė¼ģ“ėøŒģ±— ģ§ģ›ģ“ ģ§ģ ‘ źµ¬ė²„ģ „ ģ„¤ģ¹˜ģš© ģˆ˜ė™ ķŒŒģ¼ ė§ķ¬ė„¼ ė³“ė‚“ģ£¼źø“ ķ•˜ėŠ” ź²ƒ ź°™ģŠµė‹ˆė‹¤. ģ €ė„ ė§ķ¬ ķŒŒģ¼ ķ•œģ°½ ė‹¤ģš“ė”œė“œķ•˜ė˜ ģ¤‘ģ— ė²„ģ „ģ„ ķƒģ“ ģž¬ķ™œģ„±ķ™”ėœ ź±ø ė³“ź³  ė‹¤ģš“ė”œė“œ ģ·Øģ†Œķ•˜ź³  ģ“ ķ¬ģŠ¤ķŠøė„¼ ģ¼ź±°ė“ ģš”.

ģ œź°€ ķ•“ė‹¹ ė§ķ¬ė„¼ ź³µģœ ķ•˜ėŠ” ź±“ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹° ģ •ģ±… ģœ„ė°˜ģø ź²ƒ ź°™źø°ė„ ķ•˜ź³  ģ§€źøˆģ€ ė§ķ¬ź°€ ģ£½ģ€ ź±ø ė³“ė‹ˆ ģ§€ģ›ģ±—ģ„ ģ“ģš©ķ•˜ėŠ” ė™ģ•ˆ ģž„ģ‹œė”œ ģƒģ„±ėœ ė§ķ¬ģø ź²ƒ ź°™ģŠµė‹ˆė‹¤. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines