• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to downgrade Photoshop now it freezes often after updated from 2020 to 2021 (22.4.2)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated Photoshop to 2021 a few days ago, it freezes from time to time at random points with no specific messages to refer to.

I never experienced such issues when using 2020, so I wanted to roll it back or downgrade it to the previous version, but the Creative Cloud client doesn't seem to let me choose what version I want to install, while the Help section from Adobe's website clearly states that users can choose among various previous versions.

Is version downgrading not available? If so, how should I address this freezing issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

I went through a live chat session and found the solution.

Go to Update menu under Apps category, and click the Check For Update from the drop-down menu under the three-dot icon. Once it finishes Checking, the Other Versions options will be available once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can downgrade to the last 2021 version that worked or to 2020. Just folllow this guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the help section I mentioned in the last post. and below is what I see on my desktop Creative Cloud client:

untitled1.png

(Though it's written in Korean, apparantly the drop-down menu shows only two options, one is Learn More, and the other is uninstall, which is not like the Help topic saying there is another option called Other Versions.)

untitled2.png

(When I click Lear More and press Versions, this modal window shows up, and still it doesn't provide me with other versions than the latest one.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you can't, but you may have to open a chat with an agent.

See this article: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2020-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... you mean a 3rd party live chat agent, I guess? Since I couldn't see anything like that on Adobe's web site, and that's why I end up posting this article on this community... Thank you for your replies, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore what I replied, I guess I found what i've been looking for from your link 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I hope it goes smoothly from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through a live chat session and found the solution.

Go to Update menu under Apps category, and click the Check For Update from the drop-down menu under the three-dot icon. Once it finishes Checking, the Other Versions options will be available once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back. That should save everyone in this situation a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

안녕하세요, 맨 위 글 보고 한국분이신것 같아 Reply답니다.. 저도 같은 문제를 겪고있는데 영어로 쓰신거 보고 따라해봤더니 아무 반응이 없어서요... 여기 사진에 모두 업데이트 칸 옆에 점 세개눌러서 뜨는 '업데이트 확인' 버튼이 본문에서 말씀하시는 'Check For Update' 버튼이 맞나요? 저는 이걸 했는데도 아무것도 안뜨네요ㅠㅠ 혹시 제가 잘못 알고 따라한걸까요? 다운그레이드 하고싶은데 버전이 아예 안뜨네요..

스크린샷 2021-08-02 오전 5.32.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

안녕하세요. 말씀하신 해당 버튼이 맞습니다.

원래 어도비 공식 라이브챗 담당자가 원격제어로 문제 해결해주려 했는데 제 회사 보안정책 때문에 수동으로 담당자가 지시하는 대로 진행하다가, 우연히 해결된 것을 발견한 거라 왜 저 버튼을 눌러도 안 되는지까지는 저도 모르겠네요...

다만 이래저래 여러 조치를 해도 안 된다면 라이브챗 직원이 직접 구버전 설치용 수동 파일 링크를 보내주긴 하는 것 같습니다. 저도 링크 파일 한창 다운로드하던 중에 버전선택이 재활성화된 걸 보고 다운로드 취소하고 이 포스트를 썼거든요.

제가 해당 링크를 공유하는 건 커뮤니티 정책 위반인 것 같기도 하고 지금은 링크가 죽은 걸 보니 지원챗을 이용하는 동안 임시로 생성된 링크인 것 같습니다. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines