• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Creative Cloud manditory>

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need Adobe cloud service. I don't want to be reminded about Creative Cloud. All I want is Photoshop. Is there a way to shut off Creative Cloud and any notifications from it?

Trying to Live Simply

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what notifications you mean? I don't get any.

The CC desktop app is required to install/run/update the applications, but it runs in the background and you normally don't see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its always telling me to update, what a waste of time, i dont need

Sent from John R’s iPad Pro
Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

»Its always telling me to update, what a waste of time, i dont need«

So you locked down your system and don’t change hardware or update the OS? 

What is the »it« that reminds you exactly? Could you post a screenshot of the alert? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You download Photoshop from Adobe’s servers and use the application(s) in the usual way on your computer. There’s no difference in use than if you’d installed it from a disk. Adobe checks, transparently via the internet, every few weeks that you’re up-to-date with your subscription. An advantage is that regular updates can easily be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some have reported on other threads that they have uninstalled Creative Cloud after installing Photoshop, but I can't vouch for that personally. I use it to get to fonts, for file sharing, and to update my applications.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines