• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with mouse not working correctly in Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where my mouse can not move any layers around. I can move layers with my arrow keys, but when I click a layer with my mouse it will select the layer, but I cannot move it or resize. This is the same for cropping or anything that requires resizing. Same thing happens if I try and use a brush tool, clone tool, etc- it will show where I first clicked, but will not drag and follow the mouse. This happened before and I reinstalled Photoshop 2020, but it's happening again so I can only imagine I toggled something and don't know how to reset it. 

I've also just noticed that Shift isn't working to select multiple layers. 

If it helps, I am a former Mac user trying to figure out life on PC, and I know I have been accidently using Mac shortcuts over here, so it's entirely possible I did something on my own and can't figure out how to reset it. 

Any help is super appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video showing what I mean, hope that makes it easier to understand!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Photoshop 2020 has problems like this.  PS 2020 performances goes to pot,  there is Lag.  Tools become none responsive or there is a big delay. Restarting Photoshop seems clear the issue for some time.   I can not nail down what triggers that bug to bite.  It has bitten me a few times out of the blue.  Many have reported performance issues with PS 2020

Photoshop 2020 performance problem 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has become a real Pain in the ass. My mouse just works right now outside the work window. I have 2 little moves to be finished and to submit my work on time. But OHHH NOOO. Photoshop just cuts out.

AND THEN! To hunt around and ask a question regarding my issue on this forum, I gotta get a code sent to an expired phone number, get it resent to an updated alternate email address, then enter a screen name (mine describe how Adobe is making me feel!) and now I can get on here and read about other people's problems and other users' fixes that didn't work.

WHERE IS PHOTOSHOP SUPPORT these DAYS???

So frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. Photoshop become so useless. Because this issue causes to restart Photoshop, and it increase length of any task at least twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure out how to fix your mouse problem? My mouse or tablet pen will not work ON a photo but they will both work everywhere else around the photo. I have no idea how to fix it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues where I click on something in the menu such as "View" the menu drops down but as soon as I move my cursor at all, the "Type" menu drops down.  It's like as soon as I click, the cursor becomes inaccurate. As if it's two inches to the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue and it is driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a fix? this just started happening with the latest photshop 22.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have has that issued with the mouse and move tool. Where I could no move layers content position with the mouse but could with the arrow keys. Resetting the move tool and then resetting all tools did  not restore the drag function. I had to restart PS 22.1.1 the restore the mouse drag function. The are strange bugs in Photoshop something must be messing up some document state the Photoshop uses

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the sane issue but for now it seems like holding control while dragging seems to work?? im not sure but its a temp solution that works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have issues with my Mac Mini M1, Apple Magic Mouse 1.... left click randomly works i.e. click/hover File > New > clicking new does nothing, if I hit enter while highlighting new is the only way I can action New other than doing cmd N

Anyone have and clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - PS unusable as cannot go to menu item of choice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on an M1 device with Magic Mouse, as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having exactly the same issues on non-M1 machines.

My main mac is an iMac Retina 2019. It runs macOS Big Sur 11.5.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, forgot to provide more info. I´ve found the same issues on Lightroom CC.

I am currently running versions 22.5.1 of PS 2021 and 4.4 of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines