Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Keyboard becomes unresponsive and Photoshop freezes when using multiple languages win 10

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

(latest photoshop update installed, windows 10 OS, using a wacom cintiq)

I have experienced my keyboard becoming unresponsive on photoshop only after a few minutes of opening the software. What happens is that none of my keyboard shortcuts work and the canvas freezes, I can't zoom in or out or move the canvas, but I am able to click on the menu. This issue kept happening, even after following the guidelines from Adobe (resetting preferences, etc...).

After researching more, I found out that because I had multiple languages installed on my windows machine, this seemed to cause the crash, as Photoshop didn't seem to know what keys were pressed. I seem to have solved the issue by uninstalling all my language packages except english, but this is a problematic workaround. Could Adobe plese look at this bug for the next release ? I have seen a lot of people complaining about it on my research.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user to user forum, not Adobe support. 

You can file an enhancement request for new features here: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines