• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptops for Photoshop 2024

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a laptop/desktop with best spec to handle more than 1 giga files without crashing or stuck either windows or mac. Please advise 

thanks

{Thread title renamed for visibility}

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac mini m2 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@salemh30394084 it really depends on your budget

An Intel i5 or i7 14th Gen CPU or AMD equivalent, 64 GB of RAM, the latest RTX GPU and 2 * 2TB NVMe SSD's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptops are notoriously risky, because the vendors put so many extra layers of "helpful" functions into the mix. This usually gets in the way and creates all kinds of problems. If you're getting a laptop, get one that is as lean as possible with the absolute minimum of bells and whistles. Avoid anything "gaming". Dual graphics is often a problem waiting to happen.

A basic Windows machine, just the operating system as shipped by Microsoft, is extremely solid and reliable when nothing else gets in the way. This usually means a desktop.

Either way, Photoshop needs a good and recent GPU. The Nvidia RTX 3000- or 4000-series is perfect. The current sweet spot is the 4060. It doesn't cost a fortune, but performs very well with Photoshop.

Also, Photoshop eats disk space for breakfast. Don't skimp on that.

EDIT - oh, just so it's said: I see a disproportionate amount of problems with AMD systems. My theory is that it's because they are so geared on the gaming segment. Intel seems safer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate your well explained reply, very helpful 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines