• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer is semi-transparent, but the opacity is at 100%

Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy! Take a look at the attached screenshot. The light blue block of color is obviously somewhat transparent. But if you look at the layers palette to the right, the opacity is at 100%. The blending mode is "normal." What else could be causing it to be transparent? Thanks! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every pixel in the layer has the three color channels, and also a transparency channel. This is separate form the overall opacity of the layer.

You could do this with a selection on an empty layer, and use Edit > Fill with an opacity setting less than 100%.

Semaphoric_0-1700174408220.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, when would this approach be useful over using layer opacity of a layer mask?  I remember a while back when we had a long thread about Displacement Maps, and you spoke about using colours as oposed to grey scale maps.  So is this an area you are interested in?

Here you go.  I found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to be an old-school way of doing a layout. I can't think of a reason to use this over a Solid Color fill layer with a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines