• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers/objects disappear when moving/resizing in Photoshop 22.3.1 on Mac

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frequently, when I move an object, or a text layer, and resize it - it disappears as I am moving it. Sometimes fully, sometimes only partially. If I change my magnification levels up or down, it reappears. But I can't keep having object disappear whenever I move them. I assume this is a grpahics processing issue? How do I solve this? 

Using Photoshop in CC 22.3.1 on a MacBook Pro

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.3.1. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps. If this helps, please ensure you have all available macOS updates installed on the machine as the graphics drivers are installed along with the macOS updates.

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggling the Graphics Processor and restarting did not solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is an exaple of what happens:

ezgif.com-gif-maker - 2021-05-12T163719.485.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, having the same problem, when moving graphics they just disappear. Have you solved it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for several editions of Photoshop. Happens on BOTH of my machines in different versions and different operating systems.  2021, 2022, 2023, Mac OS X Catalina to Big Sur and Mavericks.  WHY HASN"T IT BEEN FIXED??!?!?!?!!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Adobe suck and are asking for users to switch to another platform, even if it's less featured. I'm having this same issue now on a new build with an AMD card, and nothing I do seems to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not about the platform, i have the same issue using Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines