• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighting effects not working insufficient RAM

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighting effects only partly loads, as experienced by many others I get a spotlight but no handles and inefective sliders. From time to time i get an error message telling me to select my graphics card in 'Performance' also another message stating that I do not have sufficient RAM to run the app.

There is usually about 12GB of RAM available to Photoshop but I still see the error 'not enough RAM'

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop (latest version) and I have updated the Graphics driver to version 471.11 release date 21.06.21

Everything else works faultlessly.

I have attached screenshots of the messages and the image with lighting effects partly open, also the system information report. 

Any help is apreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Hi! The Lighting Effects filter is very RAM intensive. Do you have any more RAM that you can allocate to Photoshop? Also, do you have a Scratch Disk connected and available for Photoshop to use?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighting effects only partly loads, as experienced by many others I get a spotlight but no handles and inefective sliders. From time to time i get an error message telling me to select my graphics card in 'Performance' also another message stating that I do not have sufficient RAM to run the app.

There is usually about 12GB of RAM available to Photoshop but I still see the error 'not enough RAM'

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop (latest version) and I have updated the Graphics driver to version 471.11 release date 21.06.21

Everything else works faultlessly.

I have attached screenshots of the messages and the image with lighting effects partly open, also the system information report. 

Any help is apreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! The Lighting Effects filter is very RAM intensive. Do you have any more RAM that you can allocate to Photoshop? Also, do you have a Scratch Disk connected and available for Photoshop to use?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle, thank's for your advice. I increased available memory in 'Performance' tab and deactivated native canvas in 'Technical' 

Now 'lighting effects' is working,however I am new to this feature so cannot say how well yet.

Thank again.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear that you are back up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with mglush, lighting effects are memory hogs. You need to allocate more space to ram. Here is a link showing how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi happie_97, thank's also for your advice. As you will se in my reply to Michelle, I am making progress, now I am going through all the options in the 'Optimise Photoshop Performance' page you directed me to.

I believe that the advice I have received from you both has resolved my problem, thank you so much.

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so great to hear! Thanks for the feedback. :c) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines