• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking edges of two text layers

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to data sets and am trying to use them to create a large number of cards from a CSV file.

The title of the card is rotated 270 degrees, right-aligned, in line with a major graphic element. The subtitle of the card is always to the left of title, with a fixed distance between itself and the title. The title is 12-point and bolded, the subtitle 9-point and regular. Before I considered using data sets, I would just manually edit the text, so having text formatted two different ways in one layer was fine. I can't really replicate that in a line of a data set, so I've separated the title and subtitle into two separate layers.

The new problem is this: if the title is long, then the text starts to overlap the subtitle, because the subtitle layer obviously doesn't move to accomodate and give space to the title. Is there a way to have it effectively do that? Like linking it's position to the new edge of the title's text? Can I essentially base the subtitle layer's position on that line underneath that indicates the length of the text in the title layer?

Any help would be much appreciated - figuring this out would save me from editing hundreds of individual files one by one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know short solution. This can be done effectivelly in InDesign, for example, but not in Photoshop using built in functions when using data sets.

The only "solution" that comes to my mind is to process all files using data sets then to run batch action or script on files with longer title. You can, for example, move subtitle for certain amout of pixels using action what can solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines