• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory use exceeding preference settings

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set the memory allocation in my preference to 18300...  but when I view my resource monitor, PS is using more of the memory than this allocation allows.  Sometimes it gets so high that it's at 95% (was at 20848 when I snapped a image of the resource monitor) and then I can't even save a file.  Why is memory running wild and not staying within the constraints of the preference settings.    I generally have to just close the app and lose my work because it completely freezes up when the memory gets this high.   I have 32G of memory on my computer and 5 more on my video card...  only Lightroom open in the background    Only have this issue with the new version of PS.   Anyone else having this memory leak issue?     And not the memory... ran diagnositic on the box a few days ago and everything came back clean.  Only happening with the new version of PS.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set your memory to 75% total and see if it improves. 

If you set your memory too high, it can cause issues. 

I've never had to go above 80% to run PS smoothly even with larger files or video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes...it is set to about 75%.. the problem is that Photoshop is not stopping at this... it's continuing to use more and more resrouces until it has used 95% or more of my memory and then the system freezes and I have to shut it down to release everything.  It is not holding to the preference setting of 75%.   I erased my preference file, rebuilt it.. tried again.. and it still goes will beyond the 75%.

I've now uninstalled and went back to 2020...  I have a print competition coming up.. not time to waste on PS 2021 crashing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines