• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse wheel no longer controls font size, kerning, etc...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to place the cursor in the font size box and scroll up and down to increase/decrease the font size. Similarly, for other numerical values I could use the mouse wheel to fine tune. This no longer works and don't know why. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Hi Dave

I'm sorry to ask an obvious question, but you do have the text selected?  I have just tried everything I could think of, and was unable to stop my mouse wheel controlling all the parameters you mention.  That included turning off GPU acceleration, which is needed for those right click and drag operations.  I also uncheck all the zoom options in Preferences > Tools (and restarted Photoshop) and the only thing that made a difference was Animated Zoom, which made mouse wheel adjustments a bi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi daveTwizzlebird,

Please try holding down Right click while scrolling to change the size and let us know if it works.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no sorry this doesn't appear to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know which version of Photoshop are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

I'm sorry to ask an obvious question, but you do have the text selected?  I have just tried everything I could think of, and was unable to stop my mouse wheel controlling all the parameters you mention.  That included turning off GPU acceleration, which is needed for those right click and drag operations.  I also uncheck all the zoom options in Preferences > Tools (and restarted Photoshop) and the only thing that made a difference was Animated Zoom, which made mouse wheel adjustments a bit jerky.

So I am stumped.  Could it be an operation issue? I wondered if you could set the lines scrolled to zero, but as you can see below, it would not go below 1.  If you work it out yourself, please come let us know what was happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so I am confused as well.

I have used the scroll wheel to adjust the size of tools for years and now it no longer works. It does work in Lightroom, but not Photoshop. I have tried dozens of combinations of checkboxes in the Prefe>Tools panel all to no avail.

I am running CC 2017, up to date with the latest release.

Someone at Adobe should tell us if this is design, bug, or what and what we can do as this is a huge impediment to speedy editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines