• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My 'Save', 'Save As' Debacle.

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wondering if any one else is experiencing this in v. 2021.

always in the past if i opened a file directly from an email (pc, Chrome, Gmail)

worked on it and then chose 'Save' or 'Save As', the file would then reflect that the file now is the file and the location where you just saved.

Example:

original file opened: tempo1.psd in Downloads/Temp folder

then 'save' or 'save as' newversion.psd in Customer folder.

before, the file tab would reflect it is now the file that you saved it as.

But now, the file will still show it is the temp1.psd in the Downloads/Temp folder.

Is it a settings change i have missed?

so, as a result, this is what is happening:

i open the file, work on it, save as a different name in a new location, but then when i close the file it then asks if i want to save the changes to the original temp file.  I choose no, because i have saved it to the other file name and folder.  But when i open that file from the new folder, no changes have been saved!!!  i have to start all over!!

So my workaround is that i have to open the file, save it where it is, save as to a new folder, close it, then open the new file in the new folder, THEN begin work.

i have never in my 26 years of PS have this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

You can revert to the legacy Save As in preferences with version 22.4.2

2021-07-07 17_39_02-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new feature called File > Save a Copy will save a copy of the changed file in the location you choose. See if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that does work....but i will probably have a 'breaking in' period where i open the copy to make sure changes are actually saved before i close the original file.  lol.

thank you for your workaround!

just checking: does your PS behave the same way?  if you do a 'save as' with a new file name in a different folder, the file open is still the original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the legacy Save As in preferences with version 22.4.2

2021-07-07 17_39_02-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rhank you SOOOO much, Ged!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! I cannot tell you how much this has messed up our files!  thank you so much - you have made my day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines