• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Trial is limited to 7 days, Why?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just loaded the photography trial and it says 7 days only? I am pretty sure I am going to purchase, but would like to take advantage of the full trial,

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Hi all,

From time to time we run tests on Adobe.com to help us ensure we are providing the best experience possible for our customers. These tests cover a range of items, including the duration of app trials, and may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. We are currently running a number of tests in select countries that are testing for shorter and longer trial duration periods.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 105 Replies 105
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It starts from the day you downloaded it.  When was it downloaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, and Thanks for the quick response, I started yesterday, says 6 days left...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started it or downloaded it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded and then started the trial on same day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't have an answer for you.  Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done for trial versions.

See here:

Adobe trial software expired early

One workaround might be to purchase the monthly subscription and then cancel within the time allowed for a full refund if you decide that the program is not what you want or need:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob wrote:

It starts from the day you downloaded it.  When was it downloaded?

Bob, I made the same point a while back, and someone (Gene I think) put me straight saying it was the installation date that counted, and not the download.  I am not convinced that he was right and we were wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that would make more sense if it works that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening a LOT lately. I teach students online and they use the "Try" versions. Many of them are reporting that they received 7-day trials. This is terrible. You contact Adobe support and they tell you the trial is 30-days, but that's not the case. Today my students made new Adobe accounts then downloaded and installed Adobe CC then downloaded and installed InDesign and InDesign says it is only good for 7 days. They have never installed or used any Adobe applications prior to today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your students can subscribe for a month Or the duration of your course. Free trials have only ever been to decide whether to buy, anything else an unexpected bonus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Test Screen Name, you are right. However Adobe says free trials are 30 days, and now they not, regardless of who, or why, or what. It is false advertising.

Anyway, it is not possible for students to subscribe at the academic price for one month. You can only get a professional subscription for one month. This is too expensive for low income community college students, and they were promised free software since the college has a lab subscription usable by students who are local, but the remote students have nothing.

I agree Free Trials are for deciding whether to buy. Most of these students do decide to buy after the intro class. However when someone downloads a 30 day free trial and finds out it is only going to last 7 days they aren't going to buy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if they have changed to 7 anyway. I can't find any reference to 30 days on the trial page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't find any information on the trial length anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot find any reference to trial length, 7 or 30 days, anywhere. However I checked with Adobe Customer Care and they assured me all trials are 30 days. Also I have a lot of students using trials and most are getting 30 day so in general trials have not changed. However there is some sort of bug that causes the 7 day trial to occur. Customer Care told me --

Some scenarios can cause trial software to expire early:

• Changing the system clock
  • Modifying the executable file
  • Attaching a debugger
  • Automated virus scans

you can also find that at helpx Adobe trial software expired early

None of these apply to my situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌It's interesting that it is coming in at 30 or 7, not anything else. Adobe vould be doing a field trial on a random sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heads-up – the test has become permanent for all new CC trial users worldwide starting today:

Adobe Reduces Free Trial Length for Creative Cloud to 7 Days

Note this applies only to new trial users. Perhaps too many people were taking repeated month-long free trials.

Here's their announcement:

Update on Creative Cloud Trials

Adobe provides free trial periods for Creative Cloud in order to allow individuals to download, evaluate and try Creative Cloud before deciding to become a Creative Cloud member. In order to ensure that trial lengths align more accurately with how trials are being used, we are making some adjustments to the program.

Beginning May 9th, 2016 the length of the trial period for Creative Cloud will be standardized worldwide to 7 days.

Individuals currently evaluating Creative Cloud via a trial will not be impacted.

You can find more information on Creative Cloud trials, including how to sign up on the Creative Cloud trials page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Thanks for the heads up.. That's going to make for a lot of unhappy potential subscribers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Students in introductory courses are trying the software to see if they want to make a bigger commitment to Adobe and to the subjects they are studying. A longer try period is especially useful for introductory students since they are learning the software as well as learning the reasons for using the software. For example someone signs up for a introduction to graphic design online class, they don't know any Adobe apps and they know nothing about graphic design. Seven days is hardly sufficient for them to decide to continue to study graphic design and to make the investment in the software? Students who attend classes in-person use the software for free on campus. But students who attend online classes can only buy CC for a month if they buy the professional subscription which costs a lot more and is also quite difficult to cancel after one month if you have every tried to do that. You can only get the student price if you buy a one-year subscription which can't be cancelled after a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kerry,

as the others have said there is no way to reset the number of days left in your trial , but there are a few alternatives

1) Load Photoshop onto a different computer

2) Wait a few months and generally Adobe will email you asking you to try it again with a reset copy

3) And this is what I'd suggest. Use the trial till it expires, then subscribe to the Photographic plan which will require a $10 payment. You can then use the program normally, but providing you cancel the subscription within 14 days of taking it out, Adobe will fully refund your $10. This will give you 20 days including the 6 you have on the trial left. This sounds like a trick but Adobe are aware some people need additional time and are happy to allow you to do things this way. In fact in the past you had up to 28 days to cancel thereby giving you 2 months to evaluate the software. Its not ideal, but its a way, 6 days isn't really sufficient to decide in my opinion.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

From time to time we run tests on Adobe.com to help us ensure we are providing the best experience possible for our customers. These tests cover a range of items, including the duration of app trials, and may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. We are currently running a number of tests in select countries that are testing for shorter and longer trial duration periods.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pete Green, that is good to know. Can you tell us why Adobe Customer Care is telling everyone that trial software is 30 days? There seems to be a disconnect between what your group is doing and what the rest of Adobe is saying. Also why isn't your work publicized so that people are not surprised when they start up a trial and get only 7 days. And if you are testing different length trials why are 7 and 30 the only length we see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can adobe honestly cite one good reason that a 7 trial is more beneficial than a 30 day trial to anyone other than adobe itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R Kelly,

I'm trying to get MadisonMLeupp  to setup a poll to test the popularity of this decision. I'm not kidding myself that Adobe is anything other than an autocracy but they are so misguided in doing this unless than can give a better reason than the ones on the ProDesignTools website. Why the secrecy anyhow? This information should have been formally put out on this forum.

Alert: Adobe Reduces Free Trial Length for Creative Cloud to 7 Days | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old, but it seems Pete.Green answered it above.  Adobe is concerned about their wallet.  They likely did test runs to see the conversion rate of people who did 30 day trial verse those who did 7 day trial...and the possible cancellation afterwards. If the conversion to paying subscriber was the same or close enough, they probably felt like they were giving away a free month.  And that is what happens when you have accountants and lawyers making corporate decisions. 

I will say it is almost 2 years since this thread started, I just downloaded the free trial thinking I was getting 30 days, and it is actually 7.  There is clearly still misleading marketing from Adobe.  I'm tempted to stand for principal and find an alternate product.....I think Adobe is taking the attitude of the customer needs them more than they need us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines