• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help adjusting Golden-yellow colors.

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I took pictures with a Canon 550d of Mandalas painted with gold color. I didn't have good lighting, so I improvised using warm lamps...

When I see the pictures on Microsoft 'Photos' app, the colors look good for a second, and then it loads it properly and all the gold looks really yellow, mostly on the sides that were close to the lamps. When I open the photos on Photoshop, it instantly loads them properly and the picture is too yellow...

I tried to change the exposure, white balance, blacks, whites, highlights, etc.

Nothing worked for me!

Does anyone have a good idea of what I should try?? 

Thank you very much!!

I'm attaching pictures...IMG_0353.jpgIMG_0606.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»When I see the pictures on Microsoft 'Photos' app«

Is that application Color Managed? 

Supposedly not, so you may want to stop referring to it. 

Have you tried Hue/Saturation or Selective Colors Adjustment Layers? 

Edit: 

Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 09.00.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply!

It helps but doesn't get it to the real thing...but it is certainly much better than everything I've tried so far...

I'm attaching a picture of another mandala which is very similar, but this one I photographed with much better lighting, maybe you have an idea how can I edit the first one to get to this result?

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a Hue/Saruration Layer is not enough you may have to add a Curves Layer and ultimately use a Layer Mask; the green Channel seems to provide a decent basis. 

Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 08.10.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To compensate for your warm lights you need to add a gray card or gray scale to your setup. This way you can use the gray balance tool to graybalance your images to have a good starting point for any other corrections you may need to make. You can also purchase 5000k light bulbs at any large box retail store for a very reasonable price. I would suggest always adding a nutural gray card to these type of product photos as a reference point. You can purchase one on the web for a very resonable price. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternate approach is to key into Google Images "gold color swatch",  where dozens of golds are displayed. Make a note of the values of a few that may be useful for testing. Set the color in the Color Picker and use its RGB value with a mask on the image (if necessary) to Edit > Fill with the sample Blending Mode set to Color.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all! I will experiment with it more with your tips and we'll see what works best! (:

Thank you very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines