• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new photoshop version 21.0 creates lag with liquify tool...

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While that was not an issue with previous version of photoshop it seems that the famous liquify bug with two monitors is back!!! what are you doing guys???? you are fixing one thing you break 2!!!!

i cant believe that you still cant figure this out....

if any admin answer this dont give me the check your system , check your wacom driver stuff....everything is in order the pc is out of this world but your new version is not what i expected....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

i found the solution guys...and unfortunatelly the help desk from adobe who had access in my pc for an hour....couldnt...thats assame...

anyway the solution is this

https://petapixel.com/2018/05/16/how-to-fix-a-glitchy-liquify-brush-in-photoshop-on-windows/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just tested the Liquify Tool on dual monitors and not noticing any lag with Photoshop 2020 on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Triple monitors here - liquify working fine. I won't ask for details of your "out of this world" system

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 videos...one with latest version of liquify and one with previous....

system has latest i9 generation and 2 2080 rtx ti...

one is smooth....new version isnt....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use liquify all the time...

and after updating to 2020 this morning I confirm lag is now happening in liquify tool.

I run Win10pro on a powerful i7 7700 @4.20, 64gb ram, 8gb GTX1080, PCIe SSDs, and have a 30" Dell connected via DP to my 17" laptop with above specs. 

EDIT: I forogot to mention I use a medium Wacom Intuos pro, if that makes a differeince.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for confirming this,,,,

some other extra info if anybody cares from adobe is that i have a 55 inch monitor next to my 30'' dell one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found the solution guys...and unfortunatelly the help desk from adobe who had access in my pc for an hour....couldnt...thats assame...

anyway the solution is this

https://petapixel.com/2018/05/16/how-to-fix-a-glitchy-liquify-brush-in-photoshop-on-windows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG20200219112144.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the issue exists on Mac as well and without the Nvidia card. So the solution is not useful in my case and I haven't found one yet. Need help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found my own fix, albeit temporary.
In Preferences > Performance, need to disable "Use Graphic Processor". Which is counterintuitive because Liquify wants to use the GPU... The good thing is that you can disable it to use Liquify and then re-enable it without restarting Photoshop. But it's a workaround, this needs to be fixed by Adobe on their end somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Has anyone ever had any issues with Photoshop lagging when you open up the liquify filter tool? It seems the more I use it in a stretch of time, the worse it gets. I'll open liquify and my mouse will float on its own for about 3 to 5 seconds or longer until it catches up. Moreover, to enlarge or shrink my brush is sometimes lagging too, as well as the motion of the mouse when using it. Closing Photoshop and reopening it helps, but the problem will build up in a short period of time again.

I have a brand new Imac 32 GB Memory and a fast graphics card. That was one of my criteria when buying my Mac was to get a super fast machine. It hasn't helped.

I've been on support with Adobe a few times to fix the issue, even giving Adobe access to my computer to fix the issue, but it's short lived. The problem is still there. One agent told me I had a corrupted folder, and remade another. Another agent cleaned out all my CC folders and redownloaded the programs--that didn't work either.

Any help or comments appreciated.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 similar systems. Same GPU nvidia 1080.

1 system is Intel, the other is AMD. Both proper speed.

Only on the AMD lag occurs when liquify is used. 

After reinstalling drivers, no lag. Lag starts only after restart. One it works fine the next day it can be horrible to work with.

Can Adobe investigate if there is a bug when AMD ryzen processors is used.

Overal PS works fine on AMD, just not liquify  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, could you please copy to  .txt files the contents of both system's Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines